God Save The Queen

Lex

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:
It’s a slur about someone’s skin colour.

Gammon isn't a skin colour, it's an induced tone. Are you seriously now going to argue that people of colour also induce that tone ? Have a think about what you are posting ffs.

Happy to point the obvious flaw in your argument, but I'll let you re-read your post first.

26 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Because bad faith, misinformation and lies is a huge problem. In the US we’ve got about a sixth of the country actively believing that a credibly accused child rapist is saving the world from a shadowy group of elite vampiric paedophiles. Folks being taken in by nonsense isn’t funny anymore like in the days of Orson Welles or Chris Morris; it’s got actual consequences. 

I think you're giving a troll in a politics sub section of a Scottish football forum more credence than they deserve.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think you're giving a troll in a politics sub section of a Scottish football forum more credence than they deserve.

Probably but it only takes one simpleton to think ‘that guy’s got a point’ and then they convince another simpleton and before you know it you’ve got stuff like this 

37 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Having an opinion, one which nobody has managed to successfully counter, isn't trolling.

The trolling has actually come from those who responded with sarcasm, name-calling and general rudeness.

If you can explain why a negative slur about the skin colour of those of a particular race isn't racial then go ahead.  While you're at it, you can also tell me if a similar insult would be accepted if it was against another race.. Blacks for example.

Or you can hide behind the claim of 'trolling'.

Racially specific isn't the same as racist. Racism involves prejudice based on race.

Prejudice against angry, change-resistant xenophobes isn't based on race. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Racially specific isn't the same as racist. Racism involves prejudice based on race.

Prejudice against angry, change-resistant xenophobes isn't based on race. 

I think you've misunderstood my argument.

I'm saying it's a racial slur, which it is.  It's derogative and based on race.

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I think you've misunderstood my argument.

I'm saying it's a racial slur, which it is.  It's derogative and based on race.

No, i've understood your argument. It is a shit argument. 

The basis for calling someone a gammon is not race. It is the views that they express. 

And you're goddamn right it's derogative. These reactionary recidivists hold up progress towards a better society and spread hate. They deserve to be mocked and shunned. 

45 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Probably but it only takes one simpleton to think ‘that guy’s got a point’ and then they convince another simpleton and before you know it you’ve got stuff like this 

Back gammon Monday. Could be a thing.

3 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Having an opinion, one which nobody has managed to successfully counter, isn't trolling.

The trolling has actually come from those who responded with sarcasm, name-calling and general rudeness.

If you can explain why a negative slur about the skin colour of those of a particular race isn't racial then go ahead.  While you're at it, you can also tell me if a similar insult would be accepted if it was against another race.. Blacks for example.

Or you can hide behind the claim of 'trolling'.

Where can I join your campaign to get 'green with envy' taken out of conversation?  An equally unacceptable negative slur about the skin colour, and indeed mental state, of those of a particular race, I'm sure you'll agree.

Where can I join your campaign to get 'green with envy' taken out of conversation?  An equally unacceptable negative slur about the skin colour, and indeed mental state, of those of a particular race, I'm sure you'll agree.
^ The Grinch likes this

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Dale B Cooper said:

^ The Grinch likes this

The Hulk is too angry to have an opinion.

7 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

It’s describing the colour of a white person’s skin, when angry, in a negative way.  Put simply - it’s a racial slur.

it’d be the equivalent to calling a Black person black pudding or something.

There are 2 street parties organised for the whole of Aberdeen. You'd think we'd be more into it with Royal Deeside being so close and us being such a big no voting area. (As we get told by the **** all the fucking time)

image.png.9d6952f0430e126e2d464e7e59bd4b8c.png