God Save The Queen

Lex

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The North (of Lewis) won't bend the knee, surely! 

I think the Wee Frees have as little deference to royalty as they have to the Pope.

59 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Not up on the current football supporters songs I was surprised to read 2 days ago that Sweet Caroline being a Rangers fans favourite and that the public have been asked to belt it out on the 5th June in celebration of the Jubilee. Sounds like a hoot. I understand that the campaign to get Britain singing this Neil Diamond classic is a campaign in collaboration with the Together Coalition who were behind the NHS Thank You Day back in last year. Oh goody! might get to see the Spitfire again. No wait, that was 2020, must have missed last year's celebration.

I have a couple of questions -

Was this not a Kilmarnock fans favourite before Rangers fans claimed it for themselves and tainted it with their sectarian pish?

I take it the untainted version will be sung from doorsteps all over the country and will those who don't be named and shamed on social media?

I’m thoroughly pissed off because I quite like the song.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Not up on the current football supporters songs I was surprised to read 2 days ago that Sweet Caroline being a Rangers fans favourite and that the public have been asked to belt it out on the 5th June in celebration of the Jubilee. Sounds like a hoot. I understand that the campaign to get Britain singing this Neil Diamond classic is a campaign in collaboration with the Together Coalition who were behind the NHS Thank You Day back in last year. Oh goody! might get to see the Spitfire again. No wait, that was 2020, must have missed last year's celebration.

I have a couple of questions -

Was this not a Kilmarnock fans favourite before Rangers fans claimed it for themselves and tainted it with their sectarian pish?

I take it the untainted version will be sung from doorsteps all over the country and will those who don't be named and shamed on social media?

Is it f**k. 

You've been caught out by the Nationalist propaganda, I'm guessing you read this in the National?

It's never been a Rangers song, it's a Northern Ireland fan favourite and England fans like to sing it, our squad full of English players sung it once on video during title celebrations and someone edited the audio to include sectarian lines. 

I can see why The National calling it a Rangers song whilst talking about The Queens jubilee would rile up some people but it's extremely transparent. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Aye sure, editing.

However this wasn't difficult to find along with the news articles when googled which probably means it didn't escape the attention of this forum either. Probably edited as well.

I'm not going to derail this thread. This was discussed extensively on the Rangers thread. The video you've posted isn't edited but the one with Rangers players "singing" along is the audio from fans singing the sectarian add ons. I'm 90% sure the post was on TikTok from someone called bawbag or something similar. 

My point is the nationals reporting is purposefully trying to rile up it's reader. They probably knew posting England fan favourite would be a tad too obvious. 

Is it f**k. 
You've been caught out by the Nationalist propaganda, I'm guessing you read this in the National?
It's never been a Rangers song, it's a Northern Ireland fan favourite and England fans like to sing it, our squad full of English players sung it once on video during title celebrations and someone edited the audio to include sectarian lines. 
I can see why The National calling it a Rangers song whilst talking about The Queens jubilee would rile up some people but it's extremely transparent. 

Recall first hearing ‘Sweet Caroline’ being sang at a Northern Ireland game Vs Poland, in a WCQ at Windsor Park 2004.

I did a search of local events, mainly to smile at the lack of them. This one managed to make me cringe as well as sympathise. Is it a celebration or a cry for help? I’ve blurred out the presumably desperately sad creature’s name and address (all of which they must have registered for public consumption) - it reads to me as one lonely person trying to make friends. It’s instead supplied a useful means of knowing which addresses to stay the hell away from. No chance this poor c**t doesn’t have a basement full of dead hitchhikers.

45099459-BB21-4E29-8AD1-0C1490C1BBE0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I did a search of local events, mainly to smile at the lack of them. This one managed to make me cringe as well as sympathise. Is it a celebration or a cry for help? I’ve blurred out the presumably desperately sad creature’s name and address (all of which they must have registered for public consumption) - it reads to me as one lonely person trying to make friends. It’s instead supplied a useful means of knowing which addresses to stay the hell away from. No chance this poor c**t doesn’t have a basement full of dead hitchhikers.

45099459-BB21-4E29-8AD1-0C1490C1BBE0.jpeg

You'll enjoy life more if you live and let live mate.

10 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

You'll enjoy life more if you live and let live mate.

I think it’s so sad that these people can’t join in with most decent folks.

Were not all ardent royalists but it’s a celebration of our country’s history which I am quite proud of.

Ah well, each to their own.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think it’s so sad that these people can’t join in with most decent folks.

Were not all ardent royalists but it’s a celebration of our country’s history which I am quite proud of.

Ah well, each to their own.

Are you saying the majority of residents in Scotland are not “decent folk”? Getting dangerously close to Kincardine levels of xenophobia with that. Incidentally, you have nothing to be proud of, unless you personally hand a hand in preventing Lizzie Windsor from dying over the course of the last 70 years.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

people can’t join in 

If I may, I'd like to park this question here.

Scottish football is a place where we set great store in the distinctive and joyous.

However, I do have sympathy for those that toil and are unable to share in this jubilee time of reflection and celebration.

Imagine a high profile Scottish football chairman who sells the tradition of queen and country but denies his employees the opportunity and time to celebrate.

Can anyone countenance such a tawdry scenario and suggest who might be four square behind such hypocrisy?

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

Are you saying the majority of residents in Scotland are not “decent folk”? Getting dangerously close to Kincardine levels of xenophobia with that. Incidentally, you have nothing to be proud of, unless you personally hand a hand in preventing Lizzie Windsor from dying over the course of the last 70 years.

You accusing anyone of xenophobia is rich.

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I know there’s a ‘most tinpot thing you’ve seen in Scottish fitba’ thread but is there a ‘most tinpot thing you’ve seen on a post box’ one? 

When is the next downpour expected?

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Probably the worst most worrying post on Politics forum I've seen so far.

So much hate while picking on an easy target.

Sympathise my arse.

I agree it’s worrying - but you’re always welcome to take along a contribution and ensure the queen enjoys her weekend.

47 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Probably the worst most worrying post on Politics forum I've seen so far.

So much hate while picking on an easy target.

Sympathise my arse.

Yeah bizarre behaviour, but not that unusual. Something about other people having jubilee celebrations really winds a seething sub section of society up. Your man here has went to the trouble of searching for local events in his area, finding one, taking a screen shot of it and posting it on another forum and calling the (presumed) stranger involved a c**t. There certainly is a cry for help in there somewhere, but it's not from the guy having the party.