God Save The Queen

Lex

What a woman, she truly transcends politics and time. What a speech today. I would have hoped that brought a wee tear to even the most joyless of the hard nosed republicans.

We will lose her soon, and what a loss she will be. Let’s celebrate her twilight years.

Post your messages of tribute to our head of state on here.

Long to reign over us.

Edited by Lex

What a woman, she truly transcends politics and time. What a speech today. I would have hoped that brought a wee tear to even the most joyless of the hard nosed republicans.
We will lose her soon, and what a loss she will be. Let’s celebrate her twilight years.
Long to reign over us.
Hopefully she makes it to June. Some extra public holidays in summer would be quite agreeable.

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Long to reign over us.

I hope she didn't start off with "My husband and I".

It will be interesting to see the reaction to Charlie when he ascends the throne.

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

Long to reign over us.

I was ever so delighted to hear that a quite horrible usurper was apprehended today at the outskirts of one of her homes at Windsor Castle.

Not like Michael Fagan who succeeded in intruding into the most intimate circumstance.

34 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I hope she didn't start off with "My husband and I".

It will be interesting to see the reaction to Charlie when he ascends the throne.

You mean you missed it?

I think Chucky will be by-passed and King Billy will be in charge, which would be a popular outcome in some circles.

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You mean you missed it?

I think Chucky will be by-passed and King Billy will be in charge, which would be a popular outcome in some circles.

I believe that can only be done Charles declares that before Lizzie dies, or he abdicated immediately which can be a lengthy process and both require Acts of Parliament  

55 minutes ago, Lex said:

Long to reign over us.

Why would a privileged, highest order of the upper class system who has sponged off the state for years, never paid taxes for years bring a tear to my eye? The sooner we get rid of the monarch the better for society.

32 minutes ago, sophia said:

I was ever so delighted to hear that a quite horrible usurper was apprehended today at the outskirts of one of her homes at Windsor Castle.

Not like Michael Fagan who succeeded in intruding into the most intimate circumstance.

Yes, he was an interesting character.

Later life[edit]

Two years after entering Buckingham Palace, Fagan attacked a policeman at a café in Fishguard, Wales, and was given a three-month suspended sentence.[10] In 1983, Fagan recorded a cover version of the Sex Pistols song "God Save the Queen" with punk band the Bollock Brothers.[11] In 1997, he was imprisoned for four years after he, his wife and their 20-year-old son Arran were charged with conspiring to supply heroin.[2]

Fagan made an appearance in Channel 4's The Antics Roadshow,[12] an hour-long 2011 TV documentary directed by the artist Banksy and Jaimie D'Cruz charting the history of people behaving oddly in public.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Whether she is here next Christmas or not bothers me not one way or the other but if Nicholas Witchell croaks that'll do me. The only thing worse than the royal family themselves are the toadying arselickers that hang from the coat tails of their (completely uninteresting) lives. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Long to reign over us.

It seems your wholesome post has upset a few of the usual bigoted types.

I've yet to watch the speech, but once I catch up I'll give my thoughts.

Edited by Scott Steiner

1 minute ago, Scott Steiner said:

It seems your wholesome post has upset a few of the usual bigoted types.

I've yet to watch the speech, but once I catch up I'll give my thoughts.

Don't keep us in suspense, Scott.

There are so many on this forum who eagerly await your every utterance.