God Save The Queen

Lex

i think it was a stand in(and not a good one at that). I think she's dead already and they're doing what they did with the Queen Mother (a spitting image puppet was wheeled out for the cameras) They believe that news of Queenie's demise would be a step too far for the general british public in this biannus horribilis.

12 hours ago, Lex said:

What a woman, she truly transcends politics and time. What a speech today. I would have hoped that brought a wee tear to even the most joyless of the hard nosed republicans.

We will lose her soon, and what a loss she will be. Let’s celebrate her twilight years.

Post your messages of tribute to our head of state on here.

Long to reign over us.

This post is missing "We are the people".

11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't keep us in suspense, Scott.

There are so many on this forum who eagerly await your every utterance.

He’s absolutely beelin that Lex had this idea for a post before he did.

Anyway, Liz Windsor is the greedy, God-bothering, ruthlessly self-serving ringmaster of a freakshow, who has no real interests beyond further feathering her family’s nest.*

*Though racing and killing animals come close. As royalist like to claim, she’s also the world’s best impressionist - not that they’ve seen her act.

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

This post is missing "We are the people".

Except that we are not people.  We are subjects - her subjects.  It is her Kingdom,  her Navy, her Air Force, her Postal Service, her Prison Service and so on and so on.

Anything that washes ashore automatically belongs to her.

She lives in a big house, one of many, while the Prime Minister lives down some side street.

Even the RMS Titanic belonged to her lot.

13 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Except that we are not people.  We are subjects - her subjects.  It is her Kingdom,  her Navy, her Air Force, her Postal Service, her Prison Service and so on and so on.

She lives in a big house, one of many, while the Prime Minister lives down some side street.

Subjects are still people ma man :D

12 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You mean you missed it?

I haven't lisented to the Queen's Speech in years

12 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I think Chucky will be by-passed and King Billy will be in charge, which would be a popular outcome in some circles.

Not a chance of that happening, the trauma from Edward V111's (and 11's) abdication stills sits heavily over the Royal Family

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I haven't lisented to the Queen's Speech in years

Not a chance of that happening, the trauma from Edward V111's (and 11's) abdication stills sits heavily over the Royal Family

I suspect it’s more embarrassment and fear of conceding to popular negative attention than trauma. Having one of them abdicate in favour of another would be a very public admission that the system doesn’t work, God doesn’t choose, and it would be a concession to the attitudes of the proles.

Edited by Antlion

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

I suspect it’s more embarrassment and fear of conceding to popular negative attention than trauma. Having one of them abdicate in favour of another would be a very public admission that the system doesn’t work, God doesn’t choose, and it would be a concession to the attitudes of the proles.

*Trauma* wasn't the right word but there's not a hope in hell of Charlie abdicating after what his great uncle did.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They've appropriated a load of State land and property and hardly pay any tax, so they can get by on a few tens of million to feed the corgis and Andrew's lawyers.

Has she still got corgis? Buckingham Palace must have stunk of dog smell back in the day.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

*Trauma* wasn't the right word but there's not a hope in hell of Charlie abdicating after what his great uncle did.

Might they not just jump a generation by mutual and prior agreement? Charles wouldn't have to abdicate.

37 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Like migrants?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Might they not just jump a generation by mutual and prior agreement? Charles wouldn't have to abdicate.

The he's been totally redundant his whole life, won't happen.

This sort of hope/speculation is akin to what gets posted on the NCL Expansion thread...

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It doesn’t work like that. The system is built on primogeniture. The second the old bat finally kicks the bucket, Charlie becomes king and a host of other things. Christ, look at the rigmarole that had to be gone through to get rid of the MALES FIRST rule.