God Save The Queen

Lex

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Did a local undertaker do the embalming or is there a By Royal Appointment undertakers somewhere just waiting for Royal jobs?

Surely a local undertaker? I keep reading that up there, she was regarded as just another neighbour who could, and did, nip into town and be left alone and not hassled. Has to be a local company. Same with the purvey. Back up to the Balmoral area to a local hotel for a dram, sausage rolls and a nice tray of sandwiches. Maybe Camilla, Harry and Nonce Andrew fcuk off to the bar for a pint, un-noticed.

Has to be. She was just another neighbour.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Surely a local undertaker? I keep reading that up there, she was regarded as just another neighbour who could, and did, nip into town and be left alone and not hassled. Has to be a local company. Same with the purvey. Back up to the Balmoral area to a local hotel for a dram, sausage rolls and a nice tray of sandwiches. Maybe Camilla, Harry and Nonce Andrew fcuk off to the bar for a pint, un-noticed.

Has to be. She was just another neighbour.

It was a local undertaker 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The hearse that carried the coffin from Balmoral to Edinburgh had "William Purves" on one of the long side windows.

These guys... https://www.williampurves.co.uk/

Seems to be Edinburgh, could hardly be more local to Balmoral...

I think they are based in St Andrews, not Edinburgh. They had to stop in Brechin and scrape the advertising sticker off the hearse as it was heading down from Balmoral due to social media backlash. Explains the half hour the hearse was off the road and no aerial footage

48 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

I think they are based in St Andrews, not Edinburgh. They had to stop in Brechin and scrape the advertising sticker off the hearse as it was heading down from Balmoral due to social media backlash. Explains the half hour the hearse was off the road and no aerial footage

It should have been undertaken by Deliveroyal.

Apropos nothing, being a ‘funeral director’* must be a pretty weird job.

Who goes to school thinking “I know what I want to do with my life, bury/cremate people”.

* for years I have never been able to separate the concept of ‘funeral director’ from ‘ film director’.  “Lights, camera, inaction”.

Maybe I’m just weird.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who goes to school thinking “I know what I want to do with my life, bury/cremate people”.

* for years I have never been able to separate the concept of ‘funeral director’ from ‘ film director’.  “Lights, camera, inaction”.

Maybe I’m just weird.

It’s quite often a family run business which is why young people get into that sort of work.

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Purves do have quite a few funeral parlours in Edinburgh including a large premises near Bruntsfield.

I would have thought James Frazer of Walmington on Sea might have got the gig

They were afraid they might have to dig her up again if the butterfly spring from the Lewis gun went missing.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe I’m just weird.

Aye, you'd hardly think it would be top of your list of what I want to be when I grow up. A lot of funeral  directors are family businesses, probably handed down from father to son, you're kind of born into it, a bit like the monarchy.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

That time the Queen was glad she was deaf in her left ear.

Known – and feared – throughout the cabin crew community, Cilla Black’s in-flight attitude is the stuff of legend.

Not only would she insist upon travelling first class, she’d demand seat 1A. That was only the first of many demands too – all of which were made through her PA, as Cilla didn’t want to speak to any staff herself. The full nine yards too, not so much as a please or thank you.

One flight attendant eventually grew so tired of her behaviour, that he leaned over to speak directly to her and uttered the immortal line: “I knew you couldn’t sing, but I didn’t know you couldn’t fucking speak”.

https://popbitch.com/black-out/

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, you'd hardly think it would be top of your list of what I want to be when I grow up. A lot of funeral  directors are family businesses, probably handed down from father to son, you're kind of born into it, a bit like the monarchy.

Quite a few years back I employed a young lad whose father was a partner in a large funeral company.  I couldn’t understand how he didn’t work in the business until I realised he was a lazy sod late/off too often and I punted him  after a couple of months following discussions and warnings.

Once he was gone the other guys in the factory said that on more than one occasion he came out with the “when my dad pops his clogs I’ll be rich”.