God Save The Queen

Lex

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Surely no one is surprised at all of this. It was always going to happen. The wall to wall coverage, the public grief, the processions. Not a bit surprised. 

No, but when you're captured by WaffenThinMint, spending a month trapped in a basement with him stroking your hair and fattening you up with expensive delicacies, you're still allowed to complain when the inevitable happens and he flays you alive for his skin suit.

Known – and feared – throughout the cabin crew community, Cilla Black’s in-flight attitude is the stuff of legend.

Not only would she insist upon travelling first class, she’d demand seat 1A. That was only the first of many demands too – all of which were made through her PA, as Cilla didn’t want to speak to any staff herself. The full nine yards too, not so much as a please or thank you.

One flight attendant eventually grew so tired of her behaviour, that he leaned over to speak directly to her and uttered the immortal line: “I knew you couldn’t sing, but I didn’t know you couldn’t fucking speak”.

https://popbitch.com/black-out/

She was also an example of Tory vermin.

I see one Labour MP has broken ranks and said the unsayablle....

The notion of the royal family as symbols of duty or sacrifice to the nation is “a lie” and is at the centre of a deeply unequal UK, a senior Labour MP has argued, breaching Keir Starmer’s order to his party to stay silent before the Queen’s funeral on Monday.

32 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
11 hours ago, Antlion said:

Known – and feared – throughout the cabin crew community, Cilla Black’s in-flight attitude is the stuff of legend.

Not only would she insist upon travelling first class, she’d demand seat 1A. That was only the first of many demands too – all of which were made through her PA, as Cilla didn’t want to speak to any staff herself. The full nine yards too, not so much as a please or thank you.

One flight attendant eventually grew so tired of her behaviour, that he leaned over to speak directly to her and uttered the immortal line: “I knew you couldn’t sing, but I didn’t know you couldn’t fucking speak”.

https://popbitch.com/black-out/

She was also an example of Tory vermin.

Not surprising - dirty b*****ds flock together. Although the number of plastic “salt of the earth” types (Dot Cotton, Barbara Windsor, professional Liverpudlian Cilla) who couldn’t nosh off the Tories and the royals wetly enough always amused.

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't know who they didn't have an online booking system.

Perhaps it's the inner masochist of your typical servile royalist.

James O’Brien was discussing this today. He was debating whether the massive queue was down to organisational incompetence or whether it was deliberately allowed to end up like this to provide visual propaganda: the servile masses genuflecting at the altar of divine royal majesty, proving how much we all love our dear leaders.

Both are believable.

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

James O’Brien was discussing this today. He was debating whether the massive queue was down to organisational incompetence or whether it was deliberately allowed to end up like this to provide visual propaganda: the servile masses genuflecting at the altar of divine royal majesty, proving how much we all love our dear leaders.

Both are believable.

Having watched this week unfold I think the late Queen has sparked a frenzy of celebrity culture that the Kardashians, Oprah, Beyonce, Serena, Jay Z, the Beckhams and every other member of team global fame could only dream about.

Probably about 10% who have offered up their devotions are fully paid-up royalists.  The rest just 'want to be there' and more importantly need to be seen there and need it all photographed for Instagram to let the world know that they were there, sad fucks that they are.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't know who they didn't have an online booking system.

Perhaps it's the inner masochist of your typical servile royalist.

Since we’re getting lumbered with the funeral costs the could have monetised the mourning queue.

£1 a pop and £10 for the speedy boarding option that gets you to the front of the queue.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

With all the people who want to queue up to see the box with a flag in London, would it not have been better to do what was done to William Wallace and they could then have had 4 or more separate boxes with flags around the UK to allow many smaller queues. 

The flag is divided into four quarters already...

On 25/12/2021 at 22:15, Lex said:

What a woman, she truly transcends politics and time. What a speech today. I would have hoped that brought a wee tear to even the most joyless of the hard nosed republicans.

We will lose her soon, and what a loss she will be. Let’s celebrate her twilight years.

Post your messages of tribute to our head of state on here.

Long to reign over us.

Not sure if serious…