God Save The Queen

Lex

It's fairly busy with cars parked off North Deeside road near me and my mate's wife is taking her kids down so my bairn is away with them.

They said that there were folk out with camping chairs and tables having a picnic at the side of the road as they drove along. I assume there are more monarchists up her on 'Royal Deeside' than I thought.

I'll just stay in the house making snide comments about the obsequious nature of the blanket coverage.

1 hour ago, btb said:

I note with interest The Grauniad is not taking any comments re Lizzie's legacy and has published some surprisingly (to me anyway) hagiographical pieces like this one from Andrew Rawnsley...

I also note Stewart Lee has not submitted a piece this weekend...

Stuart Lee article.  Bigger fish to fry than a very little, very old lady.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/11/pity-poor-britons-playing-liz-trusss-lottery

58 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's fairly busy with cars parked off North Deeside road near me and my mate's wife is taking her kids down so my bairn is away with them.

They said that there were folk out with camping chairs and tables having a picnic at the side of the road as they drove along. I assume there are more monarchists up her on 'Royal Deeside' than I thought.

I'll just stay in the house making snide comments about the obsequious nature of the blanket coverage.

I've found that the BBC iPlayer has no commentary coverage if that helps.

Edited by Soapy FFC

30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

On a positive note, the coverage from a helicopter has shown what a beautiful part of the country I live in.

Watching with the sound down and it's spectacular. Couldn't face several hours of whispering commentators filling dead air.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Was hoping you were attending, a guy called “Suspect Device” saying online he’s going could cause some carnage for police intelligence.  

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I take it no one will be over taking the convoy on tbe A90 or M90. 

If it takes 6 hours to get to Edinburgh, where will they stop for a pish? Maybe a stop at Strathcaro. 

Visions of a couple of Neds trying to get past in their Fiesta ST pure blaring the horn at the convoy. road rage taxes GIF

9 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Does nobody use the washing machine on a Sunday, a severe lack of any washings hanging out along the route....

Ma granny would've killed me if I attempted that. Maybe still the protocol up there?...

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I take it no one will be over taking the convoy on tbe A90 or M90. 

Vroooommmmmm! Fcuking move, Beep! Beep! Fcuk sake, some of us are getting fitted for a crown. Fcuking move over cuntos!

6252BBAC-DFC5-4BB5-BF3B-50DAEF214216.jpeg