God Save The Queen

Lex

9 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

After watching  the apocalypse coming down in the BBC I had to go to Mega-City Greenock this morning. I can confirm the sky hasn't fallen in and there is no wailing widows in blackened garb blocking up the town. Mind you the junkies look sad, sad and shifty.

I went for a pint in Greenock last night and ended up seeing a near scrap because one person said they were mourning and another guy basically pointed and laughed in his face. Needed some intervention before it got ugly.

I can't imagine getting so upset about someone you didn't know. Guaranteed it won't be the first or last time something kicks off because the old bird's booted the bucket.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Sending us all to work then cancelling the things we enjoy doing at the weekend is the British way i suppose.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

It’s incredibly listening to listen to bbc radio this morning whilst also scrolling through social media and getting very mixed vibes of the feelings of the nation. 

6 Music's been excellent. Well chilled 👍

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

People who claim “she was the glue that held the country together” clearly haven’t been paying attention to things or history

Is there a brand of glue called ‘sponging reptile’?

It's like a swarm of Establishment Dementors have been unleashed on the country to suck out any joy and happiness in people's lives. Listening to any radio station is so depressing. I hope the forced mourning isn't going to cause problems with people who already suffer from depression or other mental health issues. 

Chuffed to bits to be sitting in work this morning (and afternoon) only to find out that pretty much everything I do to have fun at the weekend is gonna be cancelled.

Gammons on Twitter: We will always fight for the right for free speech!

Republicans on Twitter: Use free speech

Gammons on Twitter: No not like that

I am absolutely supportive of anyone who is struggling with the Queen’s death and feeling sad or a sense of mourning. What I am struggling with is the blanket cancellation of every day activities, or social expectation of a somber mood at every turn which is actually likely to create a sense of unease and upset in people who have little emotional connection to the Queen’s death. It’s suffocation by reverence. 

Good speech by Blackford in the Commons tributes to the Queen, followed by a typical garbled mess by BoJo.

Harriet Harman then comes on in fulsome praise of he who lied to the Queen, and partied on the eve of Philip's funeral, along with so many other indescretions.

Nice little cosy cartel there, evident as usual between Labour and Tories.

2 hours ago, Zombie Ranjurz said:

Everything is being cancelled. So much for "keep calm and carry on". I wonder if those people who constantly whinge about cancel culture will have any comment to make?

Thankfully it appears that Kevin Bridges is still on tonight.