God Save The Queen

Lex

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta: it took me a tragically long time to realise that butteries taste far, far superior when toasted.

No way, unless it's (a) a good buttery/rowie that's a couple of days old  (b)  a not so good buttery/rowie  e.g. JG Ross - then toasting is admittedly better

The optimum is get them freshly baked and crispy - then no need to toast.  It was interesting that despite the excellent Highlander Bakehouse being next door to Balmoral, that they sent for the Byron Bakery in Northfield, Aberdeen for the Liz Truss inauguration on Tuesday. 

Edited by tarapoa

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

In all seriousness, I can't see Nicholas Witchell lasting 24 hours after the Queen's death is confirmed. It might be kinder if he went first, actually. 

Nope, I want to see the RPO's tackling him to the ground as he tries to chuck himself into the grave after the coffin

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I texted my mate saying it doesn't look like we'll be heading to Inverness on Saturday. He didn't have a clue that this is all going on and now I don't know how to respond. 

I had similar, my 15 yo son texted me saying that his big brother hasn’t got back to him yet about going to the Clyde game on Saturday. 
His response when I told him that all the games may be off was ‘oh, we might get some a day off school!’

I was so proud of the concern he showed for our monarch. 😂