God Save The Queen

Lex

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's me learned that Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are different things. Who knew?

Websites that force you to select City: Aberdeen, County: Aberdeenshire are a true PTTGOYN.

Eta: it took me a tragically long time to realise that butteries taste far, far superior when toasted.

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I refute that. I grew up in Aberdeenshire and never heard the word rowie until I move into Aberdeen for university.

Even this P&J article (https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/328555/16-things-might-know-aberdeen-rowies/) states...

I work in Aberdeenshire and they call it a rowie!

Tell you what else this reminds me of. When John Kennedy Jr. crashed his plane off the coast of Massachusetts, we got live coverage of the search for the wreckage - endless hours of views of the ocean, with f**k all happening and the commentators trying desperately to describe it.

Doesn’t matter who it is, Witchell or anyone, they just need to keep talking, and talking, and talking… keep talking through the endless shots of closed gates at Balmoral, of grainy images at Aberdeen airport, of tourists outside Buckingham Palace… just keep talking. Talk shite. Say nothing of importance, just keep fcuking talking. I have a bit of sympathy for their predicament. No pausing for breath. Just keep gibbering fcuking pish. Quaint village names, the Queen’s corgis, how she enjoyed an Aberdeen(shire) rowie / buttery / salty flat cake with her morning cuppa’….just keep talkinggggggggg.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Doesn’t matter who it is, Witchell or anyone, they just need to keep talking, and talking, and talking… keep talking through the endless shots of closed gates at Balmoral, of grainy images at Aberdeen airport, of tourists outside Buckingham Palace… just keep talking. Talk shite. Say nothing of importance, just keep fcuking talking. I have a bit of sympathy for their predicament. No pausing for breath. Just keep gibbering fcuking pish. Quaint village names, the Queen’s corgis, how she enjoyed an Aberdeen(shire) rowie / buttery / salty flat cake with her morning cuppa’….just keep talkinggggggggg.

Don’t.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

She could have sold one of her paintings to outsource it, surely.

Her paintings? Hers?

As far as I know, the Royal Collection artworks are “held in trust for the nation”. Meaning the nation doesn’t get to see them until special exhibitions are put on by the gracious permission of Her Majesty the Queen.

Normal Island, indeed.