God Save The Queen

Lex

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That would be to believe their ‘culture’ is about supporting a monarch and not getting it up ‘cultures’ they don’t like. 

Actually come to think about it you're right. Same reason they celebrate armed forces day as a thinly veiled "get it up you" to Celtic, not because it's something they actually stand for.

Edited by red23

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

I wish the news reports would use people's name, rather than the Duke of Cambridge etc. I've now clue who is what Duke and have no interest. Give me an actual first name.

Okay, you can be Bruce.  

39 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Nah. They'd never be able to keep something like that under wraps for more than 5 minutes in this day and age. She'll be fine. We had the same stuff with Phil the Greek (and Thatcher for that matter). Lost count of the amount of times they both looked like they were on the way out before it finally happened.

You say that as if Phil's battery-animated cadaver wasn't wheeled out for several weeks before the decomposition forced them to call it. 

Can anyone explain why so many reporters are hanging about outside Buck House? She’s not there and nor are the rest of her brood.

What year is this - are the reporters waiting for the palace to be telegraphed so they can announce her death? Are they waiting on news coming down on the night sleeper and being announced by the palace flag?

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Can anyone explain why so many reporters are hanging about outside Buck House? She’s not there and nor are the rest of her brood.

What year is this - are the reporters waiting for the palace to be telegraphed so they can announce her death? Are they waiting on news coming down on the night sleeper and being announced by the palace flag?

So they can film the announcement being placed on the palace gates.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I thought, even at this time, that the very first announcement of any royal news is still put up on the gates outside Buck House as a written notice.

Huw is wearing a very dark, though not black, suit.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

There'll be more opportunities to interview the grieving at Buck House than anywhere else. 

The whole thing is actually a Government plot to harvest the hot air that will come forth to offset the energy crisis. 

Just now, N5 Spur said:

I thought, even at this time, that the very first announcement of any royal news is still put up on the gates outside Buck House as a written notice.

This suit is naaaaaat black!

3 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

image.png.65c91e8a266454064a54d1e4b17d0aec.png

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So they can film the announcement being placed on the palace gates.

f**k sake - even in death they can’t relinquish the nostalgia bait. Presumably the notice will be chalked up on a blackboard by a weeping but loveable cockney chimney sweep.