God Save The Queen

Lex

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

'Leading'/'leadership' is not infrequently used in relation to Queen Elizabeth II. It involves making decisions and taking responsibility for things.

No one has ever been able to show me an example of her 'leadership'.

Cultists generally trot out the line that she’s always been there. She’s done remarkably well in not dying. If not dying was a skill, though, and living at the same time as many other people, she’s still far from the best.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

'Leading'/'leadership' is not infrequently used in relation to Queen Elizabeth II. It involves making decisions and taking responsibility for things.

No one has ever been able to show me an example of her 'leadership'.

She took the lead by helping out a Falklands war hero who returned with damaged sweat glands from being persecuted by the FBI and a wee lassie he raped.

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

No. 12 in the Spotify trending chart. Would be funny if it made number 1 in the chart tomorrow.

They’re trying to get it to number 2. Not sure if because jobbies or because he reckoned the charts stiffed them on ‘Boris Johnson Is A Fucking c**t’ last Xmas. 

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

They’re trying to get it to number 2. Not sure if because jobbies or because he reckoned the charts stiffed them on ‘Boris Johnson Is A Fucking c**t’ last Xmas. 

A nod to The Sex Pistols was my guess.

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I missed Murdos commentary on most Tories walking out of Westminster every single time Ian Blackford (leader of the third largest party) gets up at PMQs.

Murdo is a cockring.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

selling off huge chunks of rural Scotland to Anders Povlsen and his pals does sound a lot like the Scottish Greens right enough.

The Greens did that?

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

The Greens did that?

They sure did buddy. Continuing to do it, too.

What's more, their unwillingness to regulate the land market is one of the primary reasons rural Scotland is in heavy decline.

Just now, G51 said:

They sure did buddy. Continuing to do it, too.

What's more, their unwillingness to regulate the land market is one of the primary reasons rural Scotland is in heavy decline.

Ok, I'm ignorant to this. I googled it just now and news articles of Green Party figureheads denouncing Povlsen was all that came up. Do you have a link to something explaining it?

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

Ok, I'm ignorant to this. I googled it just now and news articles of Green Party figureheads denouncing Povlsen was all that came up. Do you have a link to something explaining it?

I suspect he's a loyal Wightmanite.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect he's a loyal Wightmanite

Thanks for the tip. I'm well out my depth here, I hadn't heard of Wightman. I'll go read about him now (and stop derailing the thread).

9 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/05/05/headway/scotland-peatlands-climate-change.html

It's complicated. But that's a good starting point.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect he's a loyal Wightmanite.

Nope. Don't have a lot of time for the guy. But there's no denying that the SNP and Greens have overseen the proliferation of "green lairds" at the expense of local communities. They've made it very clear which of those two directly-opposed groups they side with.

Not that it'll concern folk in the Sneck right enough.