God Save The Queen

Lex

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Your imagination is a bit weird.

How can a single mum clock up £760 per month on fuel then be left, according to you with 82 euros???

@Jacksgranda 's a single mum? She kept that quiet.

Your imagination is a bit weird.
How can a single mum clock up £760 per month on fuel then be left, according to you with 82 euros???
If you have, eg electric storage heaters, and are in the house all day and it's cold outside. It would not be impossible to run up a bill of £760 pm on electric.
When I first moved into my house, in winter, and there was no form of heating, we stupidly used fan heaters and oil filled radiators to temporarily heat the house(rather than just put an extra jumper on). Our bill for the 1st month was over £600. And that was over 3 years ago, before the ridiculous price increases.

3 minutes ago, jakedee said:

If you have, eg electric storage heaters, and are in the house all day and it's cold outside. It would not be impossible to run up a bill of £760 pm on electric.
When I first moved into my house, in winter, and there was no form of heating, we stupidly used fan heaters and oil filled radiators to temporarily heat the house(rather than just put an extra jumper on). Our bill for the 1st month was over £600. And that was over 3 years ago, before the ridiculous price increases.

Fair enough but , obviously, her mode of heating in her house is inappropriate.

5 minutes ago, jakedee said:

That's ridiculous. Did you check the meter when you moved in and cross check against your bill? 

We had a fight with SSE trying to charge us for the previous occupant giving them dodgy readings when we moved into a new house. 

4 minutes ago, jakedee said:
5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Fair enough but , obviously, her mode of heating in her house is inappropriate.

The type of heating she has may not be her choice.

That’s true but it’s easy to check from your meter if you don’t have a smart meter.

25 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'd imagine it goes like this.

X = Pension.
Y = Fuel Bill

X-Y = €82.

No flies on you.

Actually it is not as bad as I wrote: Pension/monthly   £881.19

Fuel Bill as that poor woman/monthly                            £760.00                                              

Leaving me a whopping £121.19 for everything else.

That's ridiculous. Did you check the meter when you moved in and cross check against your bill? 
We had a fight with SSE trying to charge us for the previous occupant giving them dodgy readings when we moved into a new house. 
Yes. I changed supplier the day I arrived, and a reading was given on day one. The bill was genuinely for the electricity I used.
I can only recommend never use fan heaters/oil filled radiators to heat your house. Even temporarily.

3 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Yes. I changed supplier the day I arrived, and a reading was given on day one. The bill was genuinely for the electricity I used.
I can only recommend never use fan heaters/oil filled radiators to heat your house. Even temporarily.

I'll get them in the loft before the next frost. 

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No flies on you.

Actually it is not as bad as I wrote: Pension/monthly   £881.19

Fuel Bill as that poor woman/monthly                            £760.00                                              

Leaving me a whopping £121.19 for everything else.

£27 for 90 meals at 30p each. Still got £94 for sky sports, fags and lager.