God Save The Queen

Lex

Can't be doing with all this nationalistic fervour and celebratory nonsense. I'm off to continue listening to BBC R3's three, aye three, month celebration of Vaughan Williams, 

"three months of special programming exploring the life and music of one of most cherished figures in British classical music"

British.

31 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:
Imagine taking a hat for a day out, carrying it about on a wee stick, but nobody even tried it on. 
Seriously.... In 2022, a hat gets a chauffeur driven trip across town. WTactulF? 

"Slytherin"........

To be fair, using it for that purpose would be at least as sensible as it's purpose today.  You'd have thought that the crown could have shared a ride home. Snobby git. 

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Can't be doing with all this nationalistic fervour and celebratory nonsense. I'm off to continue listening to BBC R3's three, aye three, month celebration of Vaughan Williams, 

"three months of special programming exploring the life and music of one of most cherished figures in British classical music"

British.

Fantasy on Greensleeves and Thomas Talis on repeat?

I don't get the hype around him and he seems to be an obsession of little Englanders. 

Elgar, on the other hand, shites all over RVW.

18 minutes ago, velo army said:

Fantasy on Greensleeves and Thomas Talis on repeat?

I don't get the hype around him and he seems to be an obsession of little Englanders. 

Elgar, on the other hand, shites all over RVW.

Just don't get me started on Benjamin bloody Britten. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Just don't get me started on Benjamin bloody Britten. 

Aye the English are a funny lot with classical music. I'm fairly sure that if BB and RVW were German or Italian then folk down south wouldn't be giving them the time of day. 

My proletarian insecurity flares up when I hear people (always English, country Tory types, and I like these people by the way) raving about either of these composers because I worry that I'm not sophisticated enough to hear what it is that's great about it. 

The Classic FM top 10 recently was a who's who of RVW and such pish, with a smattering of token exotic Europeans. 

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Could she not have called in via Zoom?

She's 96-years old and you expect her to attend a Zoom call AND burn in hell at the same time? Give the dead old lizard a break ffs mate.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Could she not have called in via Zoom?

Could you imagine the shit we'd hear when she thought she was on mute?

16 minutes ago, velo army said:

I'm fairly sure that if BB and RVW were German or Italian then folk down south wouldn't be giving them the time of day. 

My proletarian insecurity flares up when I hear people (always English, country Tory types, and I like these people by the way) raving about either of these composers because I worry that I'm not sophisticated enough to hear what it is that's great about it. 

I wouldn't worry too much - Para 1 goes a long way to explaining the bits in bold. I go with Duke Ellington's "there's only two kinds of music, good and the other kind".

And GSTQ is definitely the other kind.

Watching the ITV news there on the Queen's speech, "what did you make of Prince Charles' performance today?".

He was reading from a sheet while in fancy dress. What are you supposed to say? Good shift the day we go again 💪🙌

Fucking nick of it all. 

4 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Pantomime rehearsal going well, I see. "It's beside you". 

8640.jpg.72f05ad8b58d3e6854fdd53b4f703fe4.jpg

Does anyone know what the glittering array of medals is for? I know that the auld boot has form for literally inventing medals purely to award them to her and her cousin/husband’s offspring - I’m assuming the spectacle above comprises some of these…?

41 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Does anyone know what the glittering array of medals is for? I know that the auld boot has form for literally inventing medals purely to award them to her and her cousin/husband’s offspring - I’m assuming the spectacle above comprises some of these…?

Here you go, a chance to relive the old BBC News website...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6147544.stm

47 minutes ago, Antlion said:

This guy got a medal for making gravy under gunfire.

See the source image

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Here you go, a chance to relive the old BBC News website...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6147544.stm

Christ. “Some, like the coronation and jubilee awards, mark the fact that he was present for these events and ceremonies.”

So the old bat has actually awarded him medals for being present at ceremonies awarding medals. Looks like the rumours of senility should be backdated by a few decades.

Dirty b*****ds, one and all.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

It's just Ol' Chuck Jugears doing his Jason Isaacs impersonation................

JasonIsaacsimages.jpg