God Save The Queen

Lex

I've got tickets for Royal Ascot and, whilst I couldn't give a f**k whether she or any of the rest are there or not, I don't want the racing cancelled. Also, best that the inevitable flood of tears doesn't impact the football season of that helps with the timing of any announcements. 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I'm increasingly concerned about the health of Her Majesty The Queen.

For her to miss the state opening of parliament is surely an indicator of a grave situation.

I, along with all of her subjects, have been so looking forward to celebrating her jubilee in only twenty five day's time.

I do extend every best wish to her for good health.

You deserve a red dot for bumping this thread and getting all our hopes up!

3 hours ago, sophia said:

I'm increasingly concerned about the health of Her Majesty The Queen.

For her to miss the state opening of parliament is surely an indicator of a grave situation.

I, along with all of her subjects, have been so looking forward to celebrating her jubilee in only twenty five day's time.

I do extend every best wish to her for good health.

Don't worry. Royalty is like sharks teeth. If one goes, another slides forward into the empty space and in no time it all goes along like before. 

Still, when she goes, (and God decides not to save her), just think of the boom in the economy... coins, stamps, porcelain figures, plates, souvenir magazines and books... etc ad nauseam. The Chancer of the Exchequer will be rubbing his hands at the VAT. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

They’ll never fully acknowledge her health to the public, but I suspect there’s more going on.

This has been hinted about in "Private Eye".

There's all the jokes about "Sleepy Joe" being senile but over this side of the pond It seems cruel to expect a 96 year old to carry on as Head of State. A bit like expecting Charlie Adam to keep Dundee up. 

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

They’ll never fully acknowledge her health to the public, but I suspect there’s more going on.

Has anyone actually seen a recent photo of her?

I have got a picture of her crossing Abbey Road without any shoes on.

Could that mean anything?

This has been hinted about in "Private Eye".
There's all the jokes about "Sleepy Joe" being senile but over this side of the pond It seems cruel to expect a 96 year old to carry on as Head of State. A bit like expecting Charlie Adam to keep Dundee up. 
Oh dear, scenes as her Maj plays a dreadful pass back straight to the young up and comer to tap into an unguarded net. Good analogy the Adam one.

Can definitely see her death coinciding with the Scotland v Ukraine game....leading to further postponement
Would be funny if Ireland-Scotland is the first game after she dies.

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Scenes if her death is announced just before kick off in Seville next Wednesday evening.

Surely better if it was just after kick off? No chance for them to use it as some kind of bizarre motivation technique, and the coverage will get pulled as every channel goes into full on mourning mode. "We interrupt this football match for an important announcement"

How about she dies immediately after Hearts beat Rangers in the cup final, days after Rangers lost the EL final? Just to further compound their misery.
I'd need a fair bit of time off to recover from laughter-related injuries tbh

13 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Just announce her death ffs.

They managed to animate Phil's cadaver for a few months until bits started falling off before calling it.

Protected by a phalanx of ludicrously attired anachronisms and accompanied by the 3rd and her absent Imperial Majesty's massive diamond hat, the 2nd in line to the probably deceased lizard Queens throne will today read out the programme for government. Detailing the removal of the Human Rights Act, restrictions on the right to protest which have already been rejected by Parliament, deregulation and the removal of consumer protections and absolutely f**k all to assist the thousands of people in work who can't afford to eat. 

Gawdblessher. *wipes patriotic tear from eye*

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Every time I see the utterly ridiculous pomp of that shower it just reminds me of the need to get out of that Disneyland farce altogether. 

Pomp, ceremony and tradition do help form a national sense of self identity, dramatically telling the world and reminding the people who and what we are. 

Wankers.