God Save The Queen

Lex

Bringing it back up because it's been back on the internet.

Let's say Prince X has had an affair with his wifes friend that everyone knows about and easy to access online but no newspaper publishes it. Or when a small one does it is threatened with legal action and backs down (and there may be a superinjunction in place). 

Prince Xs dad and grandfather were also notorious shaggers in their day but this was also not reported in the media despite being widely known (and was even reported in the latters obituaries).

The affair itself is uniteresting, his wife could be a cuckqueen for all I know or care, but the issue is the lack of reporting it (when other far more minor figures including the current prime minister had their affairs splashed on their newspapers). It's even less excusable back in the 70-90s (when father and grandfather were doing it) it was a sackable offence for government ministers.

As the Princes and the Press documentary made clear the answer is obvious, the royal family breed complicity in the tabloid media and will trade off not publishing the affair by giving them other stories (for example about his outcast brother), or photos of their kids or other total weirdo stuff.

Where it really matters is how far it will go. For all the furore about the even less interesting or important Prince Andrew, if such a story existed about, say, Prince Charles and Jimmy Saville - would it be published? The evidence suggests it would not.

This is not too far removed from a muzzled emirati press not reporting on the cocaine and hookers parties.

Also when the Royals and Tabloids fall out, it's hard to figure out who you hate more.

Edited by Satoshi

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

You can picture our resident loyalists setting the alarm clock and staggering downstairs in their UJ y-fronts to stand to attention for her Maj every morning. Gawd blessem.

🤣

I know that your comment was tongue in cheek, but nobody who actually did that could ever claim that their electricity bill is too high. 

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

You can picture our resident loyalists setting the alarm clock and staggering downstairs in their UJ y-fronts to stand to attention for her Maj every morning. Gawd blessem.

4DEE948E-9B2D-4BC0-8738-2FF0AB68412B.gif

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Royalists will lap it up, then completely ignore any news that follows which pishes all over their royal family and British institutions.

Like Trump in America, BoJo and his cronies absolute rip the piss out of the views of their most ardent supporters and bizarrely they can never see it.

Replying to and
It's called a parody account, dipshit, how stupid do you think people are. Do you really think there's someone this pathetic who goes around talking about pints and Britishness that much? I'm honoured that you thought I was real though

14 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The saddest, boot-licking, forelock tugging c***s out there. Royalists that is.

Yep. I worked with an ex forces lad who (along with his wife and kids) would stand in front of the TV and salute the queen during her speech at Xmas. 

Utterly mental behaviour.

The same people chugging furiously at playing GSTQ at every opportunity would be on about North Korea at the drop of a hat if other countries decided to do the same thing. Imagine if Sturgeon suggested doing it with FoS. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:
Replying to and
It's called a parody account, dipshit, how stupid do you think people are. Do you really think there's someone this pathetic who goes around talking about pints and Britishness that much? I'm honoured that you thought I was real though

genie-sheepish.gif