God Save The Queen

Lex

44 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

DOTL is utterly obsessed with the Kincmeister.  I noticed it as soon as I registered over a month ago.

The hapless Jupe - as he used to be called - is the boors' boor.  I complimented him recently by describing him as having the personality of a breeze block.  He's less than that.

Everyone is happier when he's at the top of a Munro.  In a tent.  On his own.

Edit:  I am not a shitebag so happy to ref @Day of the Lords

Edited by The_Kincardine

The hapless Jupe - as he used to be called - is the boors' boor.  I complimented him recently by describing him as having the personality of a breeze block.  He's less than that.
Everyone is happier when he's at the top of a Munro.  In a tent.  On his own.
Edit:  I am not a shitebag so happy to ref [mention=15829]Day of the Lords[/mention]
Sorry, WHO'S obsessed? [emoji23]

9 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Absolutely.

No doubt you'll make all sorts of assumptions about me and the organisation now.  Go ahead, I don't care.

Grown man who's a member of the orange order and enjoys wrestling.  If I was to make an assumption, I'd say it's more than likely that those traits will flag up on the yewtree watchlist. 

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Grown man who's a member of the orange order and enjoys wrestling.  If I was to make an assumption, I'd say it's more than likely that those traits will flag up on the yewtree watchlist. 

Eh?  Even by your pathetically low standards that a dreadful post.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Many thanks for the kind words, Monk.

Hopefully you ditch the sectarian hate and learn to live and let live one day, and you'll be all the happier for it.

Edited by Scott Steiner

6 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Not even remotely as sinister as someone being in the shittest cringe band ever… runrig, then ending up in the SNP. That reeks more of yew tree than the aforementioned scenario.

You'll be able to provide details of any specific snp members investigated under yewtree then? Oddly I can't remember any.

However, this royalist tory ex-wrestler has a bit of a reputation...

Spoiler

Savile victims 'as young as two' | Glasgow Times

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Her Majesty the queen descended from the Prophet Mohammed news now….

https://www.mylondon.news/news/nostalgia/queens-spanish-ancestor-who-makes-22614903

Charles should be ready to assume leadership of IS and Al Qaeda and establish a new Caliphate based in Londonistan (© Melanie Phillips).

I think post this queen, there needs to be some sort of national conversation as to the wider set up of British politics and establishments. What the Prince Andrew and Meghan situations has shown is that even within the sphere of the Royal family, the vast majority of the British population very quickly become entrenched on positions with fairly minor royals, who serve little to no purpose in the UK in the 2020's, yet set the perceptions of the nation. IF we continue with the royals, it has to be some stripped back version. If we retain the Lords, it has to be a more appropriate stripped back version and likewise for Westminster. Otherwise, it will disintegrate. Failure to act means the idiots will continue their take over.

For a proof of this, just look at the union flag. Even with individual nations differing political views, it feels like the last 30 years has seen a hijack of the flag by minorities for nationalistic reasons, to the detriment of what the flag purportedly represents. Similar is happening with the royals. Rather than large chunks of cross political members of the public being royalist, it is becoming conservative brexity type supporters, who ironically disrespect the royals the most.

There is a situation where a post covid post brexit UK is governed by more progressive political parties and a younger (William) monarch with a slimmed down royal family my see it's survival, but status quo will lead to its end.

Personally, in an independent Scotland, there could be a place for the monarchy, but to be palatable to not just Scotland, but the rest of the commonwealth, a change is needed. 

7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think post this queen, there needs to be some sort of national conversation as to the wider set up of British politics and establishments. What the Prince Andrew and Meghan situations has shown is that even within the sphere of the Royal family, the vast majority of the British population very quickly become entrenched on positions with fairly minor royals, who serve little to no purpose in the UK in the 2020's, yet set the perceptions of the nation. IF we continue with the royals, it has to be some stripped back version. If we retain the Lords, it has to be a more appropriate stripped back version and likewise for Westminster. Otherwise, it will disintegrate. Failure to act means the idiots will continue their take over.

For a proof of this, just look at the union flag. Even with individual nations differing political views, it feels like the last 30 years has seen a hijack of the flag by minorities for nationalistic reasons, to the detriment of what the flag purportedly represents. Similar is happening with the royals. Rather than large chunks of cross political members of the public being royalist, it is becoming conservative brexity type supporters, who ironically disrespect the royals the most.

There is a situation where a post covid post brexit UK is governed by more progressive political parties and a younger (William) monarch with a slimmed down royal family my see it's survival, but status quo will lead to its end.

Personally, in an independent Scotland, there could be a place for the monarchy, but to be palatable to not just Scotland, but the rest of the commonwealth, a change is needed. 

The thing about trying to modernise the monarchy is that the whole concept is an anachronism. A modern monarchy would not be a monarchy, it would be something else. 

Just reducing the numbers that are publicly funded isn’t going to change the nature of the issue. It didn't last time the queen pruned the civil list. 

You're probably right that it would buy them more time, maybe a generation, but ultimately the institution has to go. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Charles should be ready to assume leadership of IS and Al Qaeda and establish a new Caliphate based in Londonistan (© Melanie Phillips).

What about Jockistan (© Kelvin Mackenzie) surely we can join the Caliphate too. We can offer them nuclear weapons to kick start the world takeover.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

What about Jockistan (© Kelvin Mackenzie) surely we can join the Caliphate too. We can offer them nuclear weapons to kick start the world takeover.

You are onto something here. Like after the collapse of the soviet Union, do we gain control of nuclear weapons if in Scotland? If so, we can just sell them to the highest bidder to fund scotland in the future. Few dozen trident missiles would pay for the massive Sturgeon statue at Gretna holding a massive bottle if Irn Bru....

4 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

As long as they don't want the codes.