Wordle

Arch Stanton

2 minutes ago, btb said:

Does anyone else have a first word they always use - I use OUNCE as it has three vowels.

TEARS, as I've convinced myself it features the two most common vowels, and three of the most common consonants. I know there's better out there, but the game would become pretty dull if we all started from the same place.

Also what I'm on the verge of by the time I get to the 5th guess.

2 hours ago, btb said:

Does anyone else have a first word they always use - I use OUNCE as it has three vowels.

I've made a point of trying to start with a different word each time. Not sure why, just adds an extra something I suppose! Not tried ounce yet, maybe tomorrow.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

TEARS, as I've convinced myself it features the two most common vowels, and three of the most common consonants. 

Similar logic. Spoiler for what I've used...

Spoiler

tears, bears, store, stare, stair, steam, meats... shite... audio, sound...

Just thought of another contender for tomorrow's now too, which I'll probably forget when the time comes!

Edited by DG.Roma
Suggestions spoliers incase anyone doesn't want to know

2 hours ago, btb said:

I use ROUTE and SNAIL as my first two words.
Uses all 5 vowels and the 5 consonants that are only worth 1 point in Scrabble, suggesting they are the most commonly used.