Motherwell v Livingston - Boxing Day

26 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Panayiotou involved in the lead up to the goal. I don't know why we seem intent on sending him out on loan. There's a player in there

Not even that, we're trying to give him away for free ffs :D 

Thought we were pretty comfortable the whole game and deserved the win. I thought we'd be shaky when livi scored, but we saw the game out pretty easily after that.

It was nice to watch the game at the right time of day, and with family. Shite that I couldn't actually be at the game, but I would only have spent it calling Tony Watt names.

Martindale is a gobshite.

To little to late,deserved nothing from this game, according to Bbc sport Livi played a 
3-1-4-2,what a shambles,the tactics are bewildering,that setup in my opinion  was a 6-2-2,
Fizzywater at RB, Obileye and Kelly in CD,Longridge and Penrice both at LB,getting in each others way,Holt and Omeonga resorted to playing just in front front of 18 yard line.
Omeonga played great against Hibs,other than that game has done absolute nothing,Sibbald and Forrest best players again today.Shinnie can't play upfront, or as an attacking midfielder,he's too slow,his workrate borders on being lazy.
When you have 8 defensive type players in the starting 11 you're never going create chances

Week in week out, Forrest and a not fully fit Sibbald are left to carry this lot

Stryjek    5/10  First goal,positioning standing to far to one side 
Fizzywater 5/10
Longridge  2/10
Obileye    5/10  Not up to his usual standard 
Kelly      3/10  Invisible 
Holt       3/10   Overall poor,every shot he tries from good positions ends 10ft over
Omeonga    2/10  Runs about looking busy,done nothing creative
Sibbald    6/10  Not fully fit yet imo,left to do too much
Penrice    5/10  A  couple of runs,other than that ended up in defence in fron of Longridge
Forrest    7/10  Another guy that does more than his fare share
Shinnie    3/10  Slowwwww with a poor workrate

Anderson   6/10  Could be a good forward,starved of the ball by Martindales tactics
McMillan   3/10  Getting his chance in midfield,gets the ball in a good forward poition to run at the defence, decides to pass the ball back to a defender

Panayiotou  3/10  

The above ratings are interesting, but I thought Forrest was shite. Shinnie nearly caught Kelly out from distance, but kicked it wrong, so it didn't work. Bruce has been touched by Hamilton, so fully expected him to score.

Kelly 0/3 for vaccinations
SOD - solid 7
Solholm - A+
Mugabi - 7/10
McGinley - 6.5
Donnelly - 4 stars
Maguire - smiley face
Goss - 7
Shields - 90mph
Van Veen - 9.5
Woolery - yellow
Grimshaw - a'ight
Ojala - medium

Best possible response to the Watt debacle is to have the guy you signed in the Summer as your main striker score a couple of great goals and put in a generally excellent performance leading the line. Given he spent 70 mins mysteriously holding his arse cheek at every given opportunity, it makes it all the better.

I thought this was very similar to the St Johnstone game in that we played well enough and spent most of the game in control - the scoreline probably flattered Livi a bit too.

Having Donnelly back and looking sharper is a real bonus - I thought he had a right good game - as did all of the defence (I think McGinley deserves a mention for finding some decent consistency).

On the experience of being at Fir Park with 500 supporters - novelty value aside, it was a pretty forlorn thing to walk up to the game with the streets deserted and no buzz. Putting everyone in the East Stand made the best of a bad job as it at least felt a little bit busy but it was really quiet and not an experience I'd like to repeat, even though i was lucky to be there today.

Watt's face was tripping him during the warm-up and I'm sure his mood wasn't helped when he got booed every time he ran near the East during the half time warm up. It's a pity it's ended up like this.

Anyway - 30 points before the Bells is really good by our standards - everyone can be really happy with the first half of the season

I thought we were good value for the win today, not a great performance but we’ve been a hell of a lot worse. Van Veen and a special mention for Shields who I thought was excellent, hopefully he takes his chance and kicks on from here. Midfield was pretty ordinary again, the defence solid on the whole. We also saw the game out extremely well which is something we always struggled with. Livi were, well typical Livi, lots of niggly fouls, breaking up any form of rhythm while always claiming their innocence and off the ball stuff that many teams struggle against including us in the past but we’re far more streetwise these days and can give as good as we get.

1 hour ago, Scrutinizer said:

To little to late,deserved nothing from this game, according to Bbc sport Livi played a 
3-1-4-2,what a shambles,the tactics are bewildering,that setup in my opinion  was a 6-2-2,
Fizzywater at RB, Obileye and Kelly in CD,Longridge and Penrice both at LB,getting in each others way,Holt and Omeonga resorted to playing just in front front of 18 yard line.
Omeonga played great against Hibs,other than that game has done absolute nothing,Sibbald and Forrest best players again today.Shinnie can't play upfront, or as an attacking midfielder,he's too slow,his workrate borders on being lazy.
When you have 8 defensive type players in the starting 11 you're never going create chances

Week in week out, Forrest and a not fully fit Sibbald are left to carry this lot

Stryjek    5/10  First goal,positioning standing to far to one side 
Fizzywater 5/10
Longridge  2/10
Obileye    5/10  Not up to his usual standard 
Kelly      3/10  Invisible 
Holt       3/10   Overall poor,every shot he tries from good positions ends 10ft over
Omeonga    2/10  Runs about looking busy,done nothing creative
Sibbald    6/10  Not fully fit yet imo,left to do too much
Penrice    5/10  A  couple of runs,other than that ended up in defence in fron of Longridge
Forrest    7/10  Another guy that does more than his fare share
Shinnie    3/10  Slowwwww with a poor workrate

Anderson   6/10  Could be a good forward,starved of the ball by Martindales tactics
McMillan   3/10  Getting his chance in midfield,gets the ball in a good forward poition to run at the defence, decides to pass the ball back to a defender

Panayiotou  3/10  

f**k off you, no one cares. only turn up when we're losing

Really don't know what it'll take for Martindale to realize Anderson should be starting games, and playing midfielders up front is a pish idea when we're not playing Celtic, always a difficult place for us Firpark, but we could've gotten something today, wasn't much between the sides and starting Anderson would've made a big difference to our attack. Dunno why McMillan was left out from the starting line up either, him and Omeonga had been playing brilliantly together in midfield.

34 minutes ago, ropy said:

No Slattery, no yellow cards 

Do we win then, big shout out to the ref for refusing to book Motherwell players and making Livi the yellow card kings. Even kicking Longridge in the head couldn't get you a card, and try as he may, SOD kicking Penrice all over the pitch didn't work either, nae luck.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Really don't know what it'll take for Martindale to realize Anderson should be starting games, and playing midfielders up front is a pish idea when we're not playing Celtic, always a difficult place for us Firpark, but we could've gotten something today, wasn't much between the sides and starting Anderson would've made a big difference to our attack. Dunno why McMillan was left out from the starting line up either, him and Omeonga had been playing brilliantly together in midfield.

You did get something.

A goal with your first shot on target. Can't ask for more than that.🤔

29 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Do we win then, big shout out to the ref for refusing to book Motherwell players and making Livi the yellow card kings. Even kicking Longridge in the head couldn't get you a card, and try as he may, SOD kicking Penrice all over the pitch didn't work either, nae luck.

Haven’t seen the game, might watch it tomorrow, I shall look out for these events.

56 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I thought he should have booked more Livi players, Shinnie just one example. Lots of let’s say streetwise things going on.

Edited by Yorky

Have to say well done to Motherwell…not just for today but for all their achievements in recent years. To be able to assemble a successful team together whilst based in north Lanarkshire is hugely impressive. An extremely bleak and depressing place, easily in the top two biggest shitholes in Scotland along with Coatbridge (also in north Lanarkshire). Very happy this was behind closed doors todays to I don’t have to visit that fuckhole of a place.

As for Motherwell FC, they’ll be fine as they always are. The SFA will keep them up along with St Mirren as theyre not allowed to show their blatant favouritism towards the auld firm p*****s.

Livi underachieving as always. Martindale full of utter shite and what a cunthole of a starting 11 that was.

6 minutes ago, liviCANCUN said:

Have to say well done to Motherwell…not just for today but for all their achievements in recent years. To be able to assemble a successful team together whilst based in north Lanarkshire is hugely impressive. An extremely bleak and depressing place, easily in the top two biggest shitholes in Scotland along with Coatbridge (also in north Lanarkshire). Very happy this was behind closed doors todays to I don’t have to visit that fuckhole of a place.

As for Motherwell FC, they’ll be fine as they always are. The SFA will keep them up along with St Mirren as theyre not allowed to show their blatant favouritism towards the auld firm p*****s.

Livi underachieving as always. Martindale full of utter shite and what a cunthole of a starting 11 that was.

Cheers