Motherwell v Livingston - Boxing Day

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ah, great. It’s shite Livi that’s showed up today

One "disappointing" result and the formations changed. Genuinely annoyed me. 

Look like we're starting to improve so hopefully we can get ourselves level and keep kicking on. 

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Look like we're starting to improve so hopefully we can get ourselves level and keep kicking on. 

I honestly don’t get Martindale’s thinking sometimes. He’s so quick to flinch and change absolutely everything even when it only required a small change.

The tendency to out psyche himself and change a working system into something he thinks he can sneak in is even worse  

Great strike by KVV for the goal. Really stupid foul to give away.

I thought the referee was going to red card KVV for the high foot. I’ve definitely seen red cards given for that sort of challenge. There was no intent at all but it’s not a good look on the replay.

I honestly don’t get Martindale’s thinking sometimes. He’s so quick to flinch and change absolutely everything even when it only required a small change.

The tendency to out psyche himself and change a working system into something he thinks he can sneak in is even worse  
I don't think it's so much a case of Martindale changing things because of the Ross County game. We're missing a lot of players so the set up HAD to change plus he's tinkered after good results too and has previously spoke about approaching each game individually.

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't think it's so much a case of Martindale changing things because of the Ross County game. We're missing a lot of players so the set up HAD to change plus he's tinkered after good results too and has previously spoke about approaching each game individually.

But he’s got three strikers on the bench and still persists with Shinnie when it’s clear it doesn’t work. He’s dying on a hill that will be the end of him 

19 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

You could stick this 11 into a 4-3-3 without too much trouble though, it's a choice he's made. 

If its because he's watched Motherwell and decided we're better with this shape then that's fair enough if it works in the end, but it just feels like he always changes it once we get a good run going and it's like hitting a reset button. 

Edited by LiviLion

A deserved win in the end. KVV was brilliant and we’re just an effective team at home these days without being brilliant. We’re certainly not going to blow anyone away like we have in the past.

A shout out to Shirlds who I thought was bullied throughout much of the game but stuck at it and put in a winder of a ball for the second.