Rangers v St Mirren - Boxing Day

Assuming no further covid/injury issues at St Mirren then this looks like it'll go ahead.

Dundee Utd's performance at Ibrox and St Mirren's last night shows that we can't be complacent despite knowing we will be facing a weakened side.

Get Aribo back in from the start and give Hagi a seat on the bench. 2-0 home win is my prediction.

6 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Play Hagi in a proper position and exploit his talent to break the lines for once. 

Anyone that tries a rabona pass in the oppositions corner when we are protecting a fragile lead, only to hit it straight out of play and hand them possession, deserves to be dropped 😂

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Anyone that tries a rabona pass in the oppositions corner when we are protecting a fragile lead, only to hit it straight out of play and hand them possession, deserves to be dropped 😂

True, but I feel like he's trying too hard because he's become a bit of a whipping boy. 

Don’t think any of the players that were out yesterday we will back in time for this. Same 11 and same tactics I guess then

Lyness
Millar-Fraser-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser
Offord-Reid-Kiltie-Henderson
Main

Couldn’t work twice in a row, could it? Nah. Our players were clearly shattered at the end of the game last night while Rangers had their feet up. Can’t see past a very comfortable home win.

Hopefully we don't copy the formation that we used against Dundee United,  that was terrible.  

I see that we've got Tyldesley back for this,  Tom's basically just a fan with a mic and can be frustrating at times.

Tbh this game probably shouldn't be going on.

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Don’t think any of the players that were out yesterday we will back in time for this. Same 11 and same tactics I guess then

Lyness
Main

Couldn’t work twice in a row, could it? Nah. Our players were clearly shattered at the end of the game last night while Rangers had their feet up. Can’t see past a very comfortable home win.

At least we'll be able to have a couple of training sessions for this one? Unless we arent risking that at all? 

No way Rangers will let up the chances the way Celtic did the other night. Funny seeing Celtic fans accuse us of lying down to Rangers before a ball is even kicked. Amazing how the tables have turned. Also last nights result was a bit of a minter for the Rangers da's laying into Goodwin for being at the cup final on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Lyness
Main

Goodie said 2 players were passed fit and clean just out of time for Wednesday so I’d imagine they will be back. Deano deserves not to lose his place but once all fit we can get Main so far to f@&k. 

6 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Goodie said 2 players were passed fit and clean just out of time for Wednesday so I’d imagine they will be back. Deano deserves not to lose his place but once all fit we can get Main so far to f@&k. 

I think one of them is Alnwick going by what he said on the radio, so poor Deano might be the only change.

I would like to think St Mirren for their efforts last night. Hopefully they will enjoy their trip to Ibrox. Maybe as a Christmas treat, Mr. Aribo will control yet another football descending from the stars with one touch of his left foot. 

This will be harder than last night as Rangers will be a lot more inventive than their green brothers you would have to imagine. The squad will likely be knackered too but if all fit they all deserve to keep their place regardless of any other players being available. 

Will be watching with it muted after reading Clown Tyldesley is back for Rangers TV, would far rather listen to Tom Commentator claim a player would need to be stabbed in the box in order for Rangers to get a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

St. Mirren have only ever won 8 league games at Ibrox...true story.

I've been to 4 of them (1978, 1980, 1989, 1991)

I won't be there on Sunday.

That's a hellish record. 

Been at 2 of them. 

54 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Will be watching with it muted after reading Clown Tyldesley is back for Rangers TV, would far rather listen to Tom Commentator claim a player would need to be stabbed in the box in order for Rangers to get a penalty. 

I simply refuse to believe that anyone would choose Tom over Clive. I refuse!