Queen’s Park v Dumbarton

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There we have it, game postponed due to a “mix of positive Covid-19 tests and injuries”. 

The fact our players chose to/were allowed to attend a fucking Christmas night out in Newcastle last week is shambolic. 

I believe we were not the only team there. Pretty sure Montrose were there and possibly Inverness C.T., who also have had to bin their match on Sunday because of Covid and injuries.

Meh. If given the option of playing with restrictions or rearranging with a chance of more normal conditions, then I’d probably choose the latter. Thought the Airdrie rearrangement between Christmas and New Year was mental on a number of levels as well, unless we actually play it and win, of course. 

I understand Queens were donating the stream monies to charity so I'm quite happy to have my fiver be part of that.  At the end of the day it is what it is but I'm a bit surprised at anyone in the time of Covid heading for a night out in probably the most socially non-distanced city in the UK.

#BiggMarketMadness

17 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I understand Queens were donating the stream monies to charity so I'm quite happy to have my fiver be part of that.  At the end of the day it is what it is but I'm a bit surprised at anyone in the time of Covid heading for a night out in probably the most socially non-distanced city in the UK.

#BiggMarketMadness

I know it's not quite the same, and I'm sure the club will work with them again in the future anyway, but the money from the stream was going to be donated to the Govanhill Baths trust who do a lot of great work in the local area. 

You can read more about what they do and if you're feeling generous even donate to them on their website:

https://www.govanhillbaths.com/

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I know it's not quite the same, and I'm sure the club will work with them again in the future anyway, but the money from the stream was going to be donated to the Govanhill Baths trust who do a lot of great work in the local area. 

You can read more about what they do and if you're feeling generous even donate to them on their website:

https://www.govanhillbaths.com/

Thanks - I'm well aware of the community campaign to save the Govanhill Baths so I'm delighted at that.  More power to them. 

Disappointing. The old “we’ve games in hand” thing seldom works in your favour. A few years ago we had a game postponed up at Brechin due to weather. We were going well at the time, Brechin were struggling. In the time it took for the fixture to be played both teams had a change of fortune. A game we were favourites to win ended up as a 3-1 defeat. Better to have the points in the bag than a game in hand.

The game also brought an ignominious end to Paul Woods career at QP. 

• 4 weeks later...