Queen’s Park v Dumbarton

So, will it be gifts galore from Santa or a spanking from Krampus’ rod? We should be grateful to Dumbarton for being one of only two clubs where we’ve collected maximum points in the first half of the season. While QP’s current run continues to bobble along Dumbarton appear to have found the cliff’s edge. Should be a belter!

This dreaded plague continues to cast it’s shadow. Whatever your politics or beliefs, clubs are tied to what the government dictates. Given the capacity at Firhill and our home gates QP must be about the safest fixture to watch but there’s little logic in many of the lawmakers decisions so why bother with football. The club have still to announce what’s happening. It’s not solely their decision so it might be late on. Seems very likely though that visiting supporters will be left in the cold, metaphorically. The return of Robotelly is imminent!

The plague also troubles the playing staff. It’s worth remembering that the isolation rules mean if Wee Johnny has somebody in his class who’s Mum has it, the school has to tell the parents and if Wee Johnny has a sniffle then Wee Johnny’s dad, who plays for QP, has to isolate even if he feels fine. Etc, etc. Tricky times. Schools on holiday is a good thing. Hopefully the players who can play will make it a day to remember. ‘Mon the Hoops!

image.thumb.png.64e8ec2ebc7f96d7429cf11b80497ede.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

I was planning on avoiding this but with the stream only costing a fiver and the proceeds being donated charity i’ll probably tune in. 

Quite unbelievably our players decided to go a Christmas night out in Newcastle at the weekend so I  wouldn’t be surprised if we had a few missing. 

11 minutes ago, microdave said:
29 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
Home fans only; £5 to sign up for the stream.

A fiver is brilliant. I wish a few other clubs would take note but sadly they probably won't.

To be fair, I think we can afford it a bit more than others. But still a fine gesture all the same

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The plague also troubles the playing staff. It’s worth remembering that the isolation rules mean if Wee Johnny has somebody in his class who’s Mum has it, the school has to tell the parents and if Wee Johnny has a sniffle then Wee Johnny’s dad, who plays for QP, has to isolate even if he feels fine.  

When did we sign wee Johnny's dad?

Is he a striker?

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Can’t say I’m devastated the match is off - it might mean we play the rearranged fixture with the benefit of squad acquisitions in January. 

Maybe so but we could also be looking at having to compete next weekend with a massively weakened squad. It also doesn’t do us any favours having to face full-time clubs midweek when our jobbers are scudding about work all day.