St Johnstone v Celtic

The most ridiculous part of the whole day so far is Celtic fans on Twitter raging at Barkas for not stopping Kanes goal [emoji23]

Or the stewards letting Celtic fans into the car park after searching every Saints fans phones for an email.

Not sure what I expected today but just knew it would be some shade of shite. The gutless, tired version was what they served up for the majority. Some players are good enough but are so far from showing it, others just aren't close.

I think my enthusiasm for supporting the manager through this January window will hinge on what happens with Crawford.

Pitch is an absolute disgrace as well. Would be embarrassed if I was in charge of maintaining that. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Davidson gets the winter break, and January transfer window, to learn from his mistakes.

If he doesn't then we get relegated.

Yep, we are committed to this, there isn't a middle ground. If we change manager it will be because January hasn't worked and we'll very likely be going down anyway.

There is a case for a change now but it's not going to happen before he gets a shot at the transfer window.

So we are just left hoping he gets it right. 

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

Yep, we are committed to this, there isn't a middle ground. If we change manager it will be because January hasn't worked and we'll very likely be going down anyway.

There is a case for a change now but it's not going to happen before he gets a shot at the transfer window.

So we are just left hoping he gets it right. 

And hope is all it is.

Still entirely unconvinced the system hes committed to will be enough to save us even if we do bring in the players he wants.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I think my enthusiasm for supporting the manager through this January window will hinge on what happens with Crawford.

It really is a mental situation. If we give Crawford a permanent deal - and especially one that goes beyond the end of this season - I think that might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Put it this way, if the chairman is out there saying significant money will be invested in the squad and it has been acknowledged we need new players in positions all over the park, I wouldn't be keen on letting Davidson sign more players if Crawford is deemed to be of the standard required.

He was hooked today and that made a big difference - Craig's Saints career may be in it's twilight but he showed so much more in that 45 minutes than Crawford has at any stage. We clearly improved in the second half but, yet again, we shafted ourselves by gifting the opposition possession in our final third and allowing them to get a shot away basically unchallenged.

Pleased for Kane with his goal - a really excellent header. But with the best will in the world he's unlikely to get into double figures and we can't be reliant on him being our main central striker.

Craig ran himself into the ground and was clearly knackered by the 80th minute. Unfortunately he’s now in a position of a bench player. If he is outperforming Crawford then Crawford needs to have a serious look in the mirror, and Davidson needs to question his fight.

Watched the game as a neutral and was surprised at the SJ performance. Parish made some good saves and the goal by Kane was a great finish, but apart from that there was little to cheer for the home support in my opinion. Celtic were there for the taking with a depleted sqaud and thought that SJ would at least give it a go considering their position, but it wasnt the case. When we were bottom there were signs of optimism for us, but I cant say that about SJ.

huge window for you.

1 hour ago, silver said:

Watched the game as a neutral and was surprised at the SJ performance. Parish made some good saves and the goal by Kane was a great finish, but apart from that there was little to cheer for the home support in my opinion. Celtic were there for the taking with a depleted sqaud and thought that SJ would at least give it a go considering their position, but it wasnt the case. When we were bottom there were signs of optimism for us, but I cant say that about SJ.

huge window for you.

Saints were missing several players as well but let's not let that get in the way, just everycunt listen to what the media spins.