Forfar v stenny

Guest mr_malcolm

6 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

I’m guessing the board would have expected at least 500 for a Boxing Day game . No matter what the team is like it’s the usual 400 die hards every week.

I was surprised too as I thought that with Dundee United/Dundee and to a lesser extent, Aberdeen unable to have big crowds, 500 sell out was very likely. 

As you say, it's the same 400 idiots that always turn up. Wouldn't have it any other way! Enjoyed chatting to a few Forfar fans at various points in the game. A thoroughly nice bunch.

35 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I was surprised too as I thought that with Dundee United/Dundee and to a lesser extent, Aberdeen unable to have big crowds, 500 sell out was very likely. 

As you say, it's the same 400 idiots that always turn up. Wouldn't have it any other way! Enjoyed chatting to a few Forfar fans at various points in the game. A thoroughly nice bunch.

Bit unfortunate, Board probably thought they would get a better home turnout but we absolutely should have been making it easier for Stenny fans to get there today. Still you got to see a win and a pretty good game as well so hopefully the journey to get tickets was worth the effort.

Guest mr_malcolm

I’ve just bought tickets for Elgin next week on their fanbase app. So much easier than what you guys had to do. Fair play

How we never scored 6 or 7 and put the fermers to bed is beyond me. To be hanging on against that mob was an insult to football.

That first half was some of the best football you will ever see. Grandad and Grandad Munro were all over the shop.

Credit to the bridies after the break they tried their best but in all honesty how we are so far behind them is beyond me. Player for player we are a better outfit.

They won't beat us this season. They can't. They shan't.

Guest mr_malcolm
How we never scored 6 or 7 and put the fermers to bed is beyond me. To be hanging on against that mob was an insult to football.
That first half was some of the best football you will ever see. Grandad and Grandad Munro were all over the shop.
Credit to the bridies after the break they tried their best but in all honesty how we are so far behind them is beyond me. Player for player we are a better outfit.
They won't beat us this season. They can't. They shan't.

Player for player the better outfit ? 13 points says you’re talking shite or at the wind up

3 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Player for player the better outfit ? 13 points says you’re talking shite or at the wind up

I think he has just over done it a little with the celebrations(pished oot his nut). Not that often his team win, very understandable. 

We all hope that the 500 crowd limit is on in force for the next 3 weeks, but I suspect that this will be the case for longer, so, I'm going to give the Forfar board the benefit of the doubt and say that it was relatively short notice so that's why Stenny fans had to make the journey up to Forfar earlier in the week or early on the Sunday. Surely,  they'll have come up with a better solution for away fans ahead of our next home game. 

Great result for us - just watched the highlights and looked a game of two halves although when you are that far in front at half-time there is a tendency to take the foot of the pedal.  Orr's miss in the first half was typical of someone who is not playing to his full potential. He certainly is not the player he was at Stranraer.

Looking forward to next week's derby.

50 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The fact we had six out who would be upgrades explains a lot.

Stenny first half though were very, very good, blew us away.

We had a couple out as well who would be sure fire starters but credit for putting respect on our name.

The way we dominated the ball first half and the rotation of positions was outstanding, certainly best I've seen in a long time.

Second half Forfar got a grip of the midfield and Slater started to dictate the game more and we couldn't find an answer. Lucky to hold on really in the end but a massive three points in the end.

Forfar really need to rethink their ticket policy moving forward. 400 odds there yesterday and about six of us due to the farcical set up during the week. Not sure in what planet they thought they would pull 700 for this game as alluded to on Facebook during the week.

Edited by Neilly

Guest mr_malcolm
We had a couple out as well who would be sure fire starters but credit for putting respect on our name.
The way we dominated the ball first half and the rotation of positions was outstanding, certainly best I've seen in a long time.
Second half Forfar got a grip of the midfield and Slater started to dictate the game more and we couldn't find an answer. Lucky to hold on really in the end but a massive three points in the end.
Forfar really need to rethink their ticket policy moving forward. 400 odds there yesterday and about six of us due to the farcical set up during the week. Not sure in what planet they thought they would pull 700 for this game as alluded to on Facebook during the week.

Six if yous out in the rain all game . Mad b*****ds [emoji28]

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Stenny first half though were very, very good, blew us away.

Would agree, might even say that first half that was the most impressed I’ve been by any opponent this season. Second half could see why they aren’t in play off positions though.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I take it despite scoring, Fisher didn't impress in his stint at RB nor Strachan at LB considering the result?

Not on this day, no. Strachan has done OK at left back so far though and has a good delivery on him. Fisher has not had a run due, unsurprisingly to injuries, but he is definitely not a right back, really not seen enough of him to rate him at centre half.