Forfar v stenny

Guest mr_malcolm

Jesus, what did I just witness in that first half, Christmas spirit alive and well generously gifting four goals. Played a lot of good football in the second half and I truly believe if we’d equalised we would have got a winner too but appeared to take our foot off the gas after the third as Stenny were panicking. The fact that we’re (still) comfortably second while not having strikers of note is heart warming but today needs to be a wake up call.
Harkins in his day was a class act, sadly his day is a distant memory, gives the ball away every time he touches it. Doris worked hard when he came on but we still had a mountain to climb.

4 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Gary Harkins as our first option off the bench showed we weren’t getting anything from the game.

Hawkins shut everyone of those whinging with his 1st few touches, did more than Anderson, it showed just how thin we are in squad without 2 or 3 of our best players, very limited who could come on and last the 2nd half.

For me it showed we won't trouble Kelty, playoffs were always going to be our best hope.

Imagine booing a team in 2nd place at ht, if only you had to sit in a deserted ground and watch all of last season!! 😆

Guest mr_malcolm
Hawkins shut everyone of those whinging with his 1st few touches, did more than Anderson, it showed just how thin we are in squad without 2 or 3 of our best players, very limited who could come on and last the 2nd half.
For me it showed we won't trouble Kelty, playoffs were always going to be our best hope.
Imagine booing a team in 2nd place at ht, if only you had to sit in a deserted ground and watch all of last season!! [emoji38]

Nobody had to . People volunteered

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Imagine booing a team in 2nd place at ht, if only you had to sit in a deserted ground and watch all of last season!! 😆

No problem with anyone booing that first half, as second half showed , despite the missing players, we were capable of much more than that first half. There wasn’t even the effort first half would like to think Irvine gave them a rocket at half time.

We really need something approaching a striker in January.

Guest mr_malcolm
A wild game in which we could have been six up in but could more than conceivably lost.
I was rather frustrated that the attendance was announced as 411 when Forfar refused a request of 30 tickets for Stenhousemuir. Might have saved me a 200 mile round trip on the 23rd.

I’m guessing the board would have expected at least 500 for a Boxing Day game . No matter what the team is like it’s the usual 400 die hards every week.