Forfar v stenny

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm

Let’s hope Xmas flies past and we can all get back to the more important things in life.

Boxing Day football is great thank the lord it’s not been put on the back burner completely for now

Always enjoy a Boxing Day fixture, and the New Year's Game! Having a crowd of 500 is a slight disappointment as I imagine Forfar would have hoped for maybe 700 people to attend but 500 is still enough for some atmosphere and is thankfully around our season average as the post @nofixedability linked to.

For Stenny fans thinking of travelling up will have to get to Forfar early on Saturday and pick up tickets at 11:30.

However, for away fans mainly, the fact we don't have the facility to buy tickets online as a few other clubs can do is maybe something the board can look at in the future.

Guest mr_malcolm
Always enjoy a Boxing Day fixture, and the New Year's Game! Having a crowd of 500 is a slight disappointment as I imagine Forfar would have hoped for maybe 700 people to attend but 500 is still enough for some atmosphere and is thankfully around our season average as the post [mention=6789]nofixedability[/mention] linked to.
For Stenny fans thinking of travelling up will have to get to Forfar early on Saturday and pick up tickets at 11:30.
However, for away fans mainly, the fact we don't have the facility to buy tickets online as a few other clubs can do is maybe something the board can look at in the future.

We are always miles behind other clubs at our level regarding technology.

8 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

How many tickets do we reckon will actually be on public sale

I obviously don't know for sure but I imagine it would be 500, unless players, coaches, journalists etc are included as part of the 500, in which case I guess it'd be under 450ish.

All just conjecture, I must add, I have no insight or insider information.

Guest mr_malcolm
I obviously don't know for sure but I imagine it would be 500, unless players, coaches, journalists etc are included as part of the 500, in which case I guess it'd be under 450ish.
All just conjecture, I must add, I have no insight or insider information.

Have to take off season tickets before any public sale

This is a bit of a shambles - not all the Club's fault - but surely it can't be the case that Stenhousemuir fans will have to head up in the morning and hope there's still tickets on sale before the 12.30 cut-off time? Take off players, officials etc, then Season Ticket holders (how will they know how many will turn up?) and we don't even know the number of tickets available.

Guest mr_malcolm
This is a bit of a shambles - not all the Club's fault - but surely it can't be the case that Stenhousemuir fans will have to head up in the morning and hope there's still tickets on sale before the 12.30 cut-off time? Take off players, officials etc, then Season Ticket holders (how will they know how many will turn up?) and we don't even know the number of tickets available.

Surely they could have at least offered to reserve tickets by email and bank transfer or something similar .

4 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Have to take off season tickets before any public sale

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Sorry,  I forgot to take season ticket holders into account 🤦‍♂️ but I agree really awkward for away fans.

10 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

We've been getting better with technology recently but the lack of online sales is disappointing, not the best to have Stenny fans potentially traveling on the day to miss out, suppose it has been pretty short notice.

Better with technology , they defo no where the ban button is on Facebook 

On 23/12/2021 at 22:25, mr_malcolm said:

Looks like stef has covid. Great how many others I wonder

Meechan will also be absent today so, who else will be missing! I'm guessing the lineup for today will be:

McCallum

Strachan, Munro, Anderson, Hussain

Gallagher, Slater, Thomas, PJ

Aitken, Shepherd 

(That's assuming Thomson, Ness and Grant Anderson are still unavailable as well as Meechs and Stef)