Mighty Mo V Blootoon.

In the end a deserved 3 points but Peterhead will probably feel they deserved better in a first half they largely dominated. Once we changed personnel and shape in the second half there was only going to be one winner and it should’ve been more comfortable.  Silly second yellow for Cammy at the death .. could’ve let the boy run .. he was halfway inside the Peterhead half. 

Enjoyed the game if not the Score.  I think it would have been a different game if the ref didn't inexplicably blow and give a foul for the Montrose keeper dropping the ball with no Peterhead player putting in a challenge.  Baffling.

Second goal from Montrose was a beauty.

24 minutes ago, strichener said:

Enjoyed the game if not the Score.  I think it would have been a different game if the ref didn't inexplicably blow and give a foul for the Montrose keeper dropping the ball with no Peterhead player putting in a challenge.  Baffling.

Second goal from Montrose was a beauty.

Game turned when Savoury went off injured.

Pretty poor goal to lose from a corner as our defence had decided that you don't need to mark anybody at the far post then we had the bulk of the play and looked the most likely but 2nd half it was basically all mo and it was just a matter of time before the 2nd.

But hey ho hopefully the longer break means we can get some players fit and Jim needs to add in January as that was probably Josh Mulligans last game for us aswell as Dundee are likely to recall him 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Game turned when Savoury went off injured.

Pretty poor goal to lose from a corner as our defence had decided that you don't need to mark anybody at the far post then we had the bulk of the play and looked the most likely but 2nd half it was basically all mo and it was just a matter of time before the 2nd.

But hey ho hopefully the longer break means we can get some players fit and Jim needs to add in January as that was probably Josh Mulligans last game for us aswell as Dundee are likely to recall him 

Agree that Savoury added creativity and attacking threat that young Ryan Duncan didn't do to the same degree.

Only thing I'd add to that is 2nd half i thought Peterhead were high pressed really well by Montrose and ended up shelling long balls from defence towards Rusty who was isolated and couldn't hold it up. When he did manage to hold it up the midfield weren't high enough up the pitch to assist and produce any meaningful attacks, thus the pressure just mounted at times. Cameron and Ritchie are technically good footballers who want the ball at their feet but it was flying over their heads.

Scott Brown a huge miss for Peterhead though. His composure on the ball, driving runs, strength would have given some control in the middle of the park.

Hopefully McInally can find a suitable replacement for Josh, who you think might have sparked interest from other clubs. Are Strachan and Cameron season long loans or just until January as well? Another striker needed as well perhaps as Niah wasn't overly involved.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

27 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

As a Dundee fan I was keeping a close eye on the three loanees in the Peterhead team. Most impressed by Josh Mulligan. Thought he ran the show in midfield but was less effective when he was moved to right back. 

I think he was better in midfield but I think "ran the show" is slightly exaggerated, we were bypassing midfield most of the game.  As someone mentioned, we missed Scott Brown in the centre and unfortunately Josh isn't the type to ait and string the passes together, he is much more direct and likes to take players on.

If that was his last game for us then I wish him well, if we have the opportunity to keep him then I would do it without a seconds hesitation.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agree that Savoury added creativity and attacking threat that young Ryan Duncan didn't do to the same degree.

Only thing I'd add to that is 2nd half i thought Peterhead were high pressed really well by Montrose and ended up shelling long balls from defence towards Rusty who was isolated and couldn't hold it up. When he did manage to hold it up the midfield weren't high enough up the pitch to assist and produce any meaningful attacks, thus the pressure just mounted at times. Cameron and Ritchie are technically good footballers who want the ball at their feet but it was flying over their heads.

Scott Brown a huge miss for Peterhead though. His composure on the ball, driving runs, strength would have given some control in the middle of the park.

Hopefully McInally can find a suitable replacement for Josh, who you think might have sparked interest from other clubs. Are Strachan and Cameron season long loans or just until January as well? Another striker needed as well perhaps as Niah wasn't overly involved.

Payne and Duncan were both playing wide due to the lack of depth in the squad.So it's hard to judge on them being played out of position but Niah was looking good playing through the middle before he picked up his injury.

Strachan and Cameron are with us for the season 

1 hour ago, Den Spark said:

As a Dundee fan I was keeping a close eye on the three loanees in the Peterhead team. Most impressed by Josh Mulligan. Thought he ran the show in midfield but was less effective when he was moved to right back. 

Between him and Scott Brown for our player of the season so far...looks a better prospect than Cammy Kerr due to his versatility 

Montrose are a well drilled side that have been together for a while which shows in their play. Agree Savery was our main man in midfield and badly missed when having to go off. Played decent enough first half but again somebody must have been sleeping to allow the guy a free header at the back post, we really need someone to take charge defending set pieces. Not sure if its what they are told to do but we really need to stop playing Russian roulette with the ball around our own box, the result is we end up having to punt it anyway missing the midfield most of the time. Think at one stage from our goal kick we ended up conceding a corner.