St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

55 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Eh? We didn’t deserve a win and St.Mirren absolutely merited the draw.

But sticking in a postponement request you know you wont get I thought initially for me seemed a bit pointless, then I saw the St.Mirren team line up and  it was a fair better than I thought it would be. However all the pressure is off St.Mirren now anyway and for Celtic to win rather heavily after a load of games and 11 players out. Park the bus and let the pressure on them build even more if the dont score early. Or have I given Goodwin way too much credit for this?

Nah, you’re just making a clown of yourself!!

Jim Goodwin: “The powers-that-be wanted the game to go ahead by hook or crook, so much so that they have bent the loan rules in allowing us to bring six under-18 players back from loans to bulk up the squad.” Interesting in context of how teams could get games postponed.

I really enjoyed that, especially the second half once we'd got to the point we clearly weren't going to get pumped. Was listening to Jim on the way home about how most of the "first teamers" only came out of isolation this morning, that they'd had no time training or preparation for the match, and some of the boys had never met the first team players before, and under those circumstances that was really a bit special tonight. The league actually had to break their own rules to make is bring loan players back? Bet they wished they hadn't. The 7 minutes of injury time where Celtic failed to threaten in any way against a team that were practically at walking pace made it even sweeter.

Back three were colossal. Lyness superb. Reid was brilliant in the middle with Kiltie, and the two young boys on the wings snapped away and carried just enough threat on the wings to at least cause a few scares. Well done lads!

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I never said it was exactly the same hence me still saying I was still absolutely expecting a win, twice, if you read the rest of post. InterestIngly (not comparing before you go off on one) we also started a player playing in the lowland league the other week as well.

Please just give this up now.

53 minutes ago, GAD said:

The 7 minutes of injury time where Celtic failed to threaten in any way against a team that were practically at walking pace made it even sweeter.

The injury time was unbelievable! I doubt we'd have got that amount of injury time if chasing the game!

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

The injury time was unbelievable! I doubt we'd have got that amount of injury time if chasing the game!

Especially when the St Mirren youngsters were well past their bed time.

Credit to St Mirren for getting a point must've been a real hard week for Jim and his backroom staff.
The boy Henderson looks a player you always get at least one stand out hopefully he will get more chances after tonight.
Only problem with the Celtic performance tonight was a goal,it's always easy to point the finger of blame set pieces, final ball, Johnston was shite,Abada wasn't good enough.
Very similar to the Livingston game at home, dropping points takes Celtic under the 100 points total.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I really enjoyed that, especially the second half once we'd got to the point we clearly weren't going to get pumped. Was listening to Jim on the way home about how most of the "first teamers" only came out of isolation this morning, that they'd had no time training or preparation for the match, and some of the boys had never met the first team players before, and under those circumstances that was really a bit special tonight. The league actually had to break their own rules to make is bring loan players back? Bet they wished they hadn't. The 7 minutes of injury time where Celtic failed to threaten in any way against a team that were practically at walking pace made it even sweeter.

Back three were colossal. Lyness superb. Reid was brilliant in the middle with Kiltie, and the two young boys on the wings snapped away and carried just enough threat on the wings to at least cause a few scares. Well done lads!

Well done 👍 against the. New firm

im hearing from my gallowgate mole that an appeal will be going in from celtic about tonight’s game 😲 they are not happy that two of our players had no name on the back of their jersey 🙈

st mirren  say they will plead not guilty to the charge but it’s expected they will have to forfeit the game,be hit with a 20 point deduction and fined £1 million although,to be fair,£500 of that is suspended until the end of the season 🙁

major bookmakers responded by keeping st johnstone favourites for the drop 

in other news-the wig and pen closed early tonight 👋

This result has given me as much satisfaction as my own team's win over Aberdeen. The footballing authorities desperate to bend the rules to accommodate 'the big two' as they wouldn't be able to handle the pressure from them if the two games were called off and treating St Mirren with contempt. Celtic thinking they'd walk it with talk of cricket scores. Well done St Mirren brilliant stuff and to think we sacked a manager whose second to last game was a plucky draw with a full strength Buddies team. Big Angeball's 4xxxl jaikit must be on a shoogly peg. It's nights like these I'm glad the ugly sisters are in this league and not the Vauxhall Conference so we diddy team's supporters can laugh like f**k at them.

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

in other news-the wig and pen closed early tonight 👋

That cesspit of scummy greenyinism has been called O'connors for the past 5 or so years and thankfully didn't reopen in May after the lockdown ended.

The only Rangers or Celtic pub left in Paisley after the Croft shut and Websters burned down (shame) is the Tea Gardens.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You said that the St Mirren team was a fair bit better than you expected. Did you expect no first team players at all?

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Please just give this up now.

You ask me a me question then before I reply you ask me to give up?  Enough of the wagon circling please. Like a good few people on here I said the team wasn’t as bad as first thought when it was posted.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

As much as that result isn't good for Dundee at this moment in time, get it fucking up the decision makers who made this game go ahead.

I don’t get the amount of people saying this tbh. Yes St.Mirren were down to the bare bones but they met the criteria that I think everyone agreed to. Going against it would have been a nightmare for almost certain similar situations ahead and effectively you are asking for a rule change half way through a season.

Edited by gannonball

17 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Did ange really say the players can rest when they're 45? If Lennon had said that we'd never hear the end of it 

Lennon would never have said that after a result like this and would have blamed it on some barely contentious refereeing incident etc rather than our own misgivings.

3 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This result has given me as much satisfaction as my own team's win over Aberdeen. The footballing authorities desperate to bend the rules to accommodate 'the big two' as they wouldn't be able to handle the pressure from them if the two games were called off and treating St Mirren with contempt. Celtic thinking they'd walk it with talk of cricket scores. Well done St Mirren brilliant stuff and to think we sacked a manager whose second to last game was a plucky draw with a full strength Buddies team. Big Angeball's 4xxxl jaikit must be on a shoogly peg. It's nights like these I'm glad the ugly sisters are in this league and not the Vauxhall Conference so we diddy team's supporters can laugh like f**k at them.

Rangers didnt want any games called off, 

I don’t get the amount of people saying this tbh. Yes St.Mirren were down to the bare bones but they met the criteria that I think everyone agreed to. Going against it would have been a nightmare for almost certain similar situations ahead and effectively you are asking for a rule change half way through a season.
The SPFL, in their desperation not to upset a big team, bent the rules. Only then did we meet the criteria. Even then we hadn't trained since last week and it was late afternoon before two players were freed from self-isolating.
There's not a chance in hell that the game would have gone ahead if it had been yourselves in that predicament.

Also, I heard that Rogic was booked for ungentlemanly conduct, as he told Keiran Offord that Santa isn't real.