St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

When the injury time is 250% of the Celtic TV prediction you know that the officials are scared for their windows.

Mikey Johnston seems to be taking the brunt of the stick off the Celtic Twitter. Surely they should be asking why they have such a weak team despite the wage bill? Wee Mikey should get himself to Aberdeen or Motherwell.

Loved that. Jim got it spot on tonight. Defensively solid and threatened on the break too. Was it four shots on target? What a chance Main had second half. We could easily have won that.
Certainly worth the point and a lot of those young players have played themselves into the first team. Goes without saying that captain Joe was man of the match, what a player he his, but special mention to Dylan Reid in defensive midfield.
He was born in 2005. 16 years old, but he played like a veteran. Foot in here and there, tracked the runner, closed off the space. They couldn’t get past him. What a player he’s going to be (already is). Would be amazed if he isn’t a Scotland player in the next decade.
I’ve seen us beat Celtic and Rangers several times over the years, indeed we beat them both last season.
But I don’t think I’ve left a game feeling prouder than I did tonight.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That Celtic team had much the same in terms of regular starters. Yes absolutely they should win but after so many injuries, games and after a cup final, no striker I wasn’t expecting them to ‘wipe the floor’ once I saw the St.Mirren team. I was absolutely expecting a win though. 
ETA - Im not downplaying the performance of that depleted St.Mirren team btw more just thinking perhaps Goodwin pulled a bit of master stroke beforehand.

Im not really sure what your point is to what I have said Joey tbh.

Aye, because that's exactly the same! 8 players who featured for Celtic tonight have international caps. We had to bring back 6 teenagers from lowland league clubs, who'd never met the first team so we could make up a squad. 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Henderson should have passed to Main a second or so earlier, would have ben slightly more central and allowed Main a touch before shooting.

Thought the same, but still should have done better. 

14 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Aye, because that's exactly the same! 8 players who featured for Celtic tonight have international caps. We had to bring back 6 teenagers from lowland league clubs, who'd never met the first team so we could make up a squad. 

I never said it was exactly the same hence me still saying I was still absolutely expecting a win, twice, if you read the rest of post. InterestIngly (not comparing before you go off on one) we also started a player playing in the lowland league the other week as well.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I never said it was exactly the same hence me still say I was still absolutely expecting a win, twice, if you read the rest of post. InterestIngly (not comparing before you go off on one) we also started a player playing in the lowland league the other week as well.

You made a ridiculous point mate. Just move on. 

Cant help but think the postponement request was a very clever bit of mind games by Goodwin? Not that Im taking anything away from St.Mirrens display but clever to take pressure off his players and put pressure on a heavy expectant win for Celtic.
To be fair it appears not exactly difficult to outfox Ange [emoji3]

To anyone trying to say Saints didn’t really have a hugely depleted squad…

… of the starting 11 only 3 were first picks - all in defence, Shaugnhessy, Fraser and Tanser.

Dunne, Miller and Main have played a handful of games; Killie maybe 2 or 3.

But the other half of the team had maybe 5 starts between them.

And in a game where you are going to be defending resolutely, you want to be able to turn to the bench for fresh legs.

Sadly our bench were too busy doing their colouring in.