St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

4 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Ridiculously proud of this team tonight, reminds me of Oran Kearney’s first game but in even more difficult circumstances. Shaughnessy was tremendous and Lyness and Henderson should keep their place in the team after that IMO.

Agreed - whole defence were brilliant, looked a solid team for the first time in a long time. Don't think Reid should go unmentioned as he marked Rogic out the game, had little to no impact on the game. Henderson was brilliant. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Eh? We didn’t deserve a win and St.Mirren absolutely merited the draw.

But sticking in a postponement request you know you wont get I thought initially seemed a bit pointless, then I saw the St.Mirren team line up and  it was a fair better than I thought. However all the pressure is off St.Mirren now anyway and for Celtic to win rather heavily after a load of games and 11 players out. Park the bus and let the pressure on them build even more if the dont score early. Or have I given Goodwin way too much credit for this?

We had 4 regular starters in the starting lineup tonight. 

That Celtic team should be wiping the floor with our lineup tonight. 

It just shows you where commitment and organisation gets you.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Jinky and Gannon not happy chappies tonight.

Drew seems to have vanished. 

The f**k you on about? 😂

St Mirren played a blinder and deserved their point thoroughly. No excuses and we move on to Sunday.

Few episodes of Gomorrah now to get me to bed time 👍

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Eh? We didn’t deserve a win and St.Mirren absolutely merited the draw.

But sticking in a postponement request you know you wont get I thought initially for me seemed a bit pointless, then I saw the St.Mirren team line up and  it was a fair better than I thought it would be. However all the pressure is off St.Mirren now anyway and for Celtic to win rather heavily after a load of games and 11 players out. Park the bus and let the pressure on them build even more if the dont score early. Or have I given Goodwin way too much credit for this?

Have a check of who the 17 players in the first eleven plus the subs were. Only 7 of them are anywhere near first team players, 7.

That was funny!

Bending the rules so you can pump an under strength St Mirren with your free flowing all out attack , AngeBall, and draw 0-0 against a bunch of kids 😂😂😂

By the time we play the Old Firm game the league will be all but over. 

Oh and thanks for tiring out those St Mirren kids. They put so much into tonight and looked out on their feet. 

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Is it true that Obese Ange let the Celtic players have a night out after winning the Skol Cup only for them to drop points in the next game?

Seems like the type of thing Lenny would have done.

They have the same amount of points at this stage as they did this time last season when they were launching sharks around the car park and attacking their team bus. 

This season they actually believe they will challenge for the league playing AngeBall 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We had 4 regular starters in the starting lineup tonight. 

That Celtic team should be wiping the floor with our lineup tonight. 

It just shows you where commitment and organisation gets you.

That Celtic team had much the same in terms of regular starters. Yes absolutely they should win but after so many injuries, games and after a cup final, no striker I wasn’t expecting them to ‘wipe the floor’ once I saw the St.Mirren team. I was absolutely expecting a win though. 
ETA - Im not downplaying the performance of that depleted St.Mirren team btw more just thinking perhaps Goodwin pulled a bit of master stroke beforehand.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Have a check of who the 17 players in the first eleven plus the subs were. Only 7 of them are anywhere near first team players, 7.

Im not really sure what your point is to what I have said Joey tbh.

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

That was funny!

Bending the rules so you can pump an under strength St Mirren with your free flowing all out attack , AngeBall, and draw 0-0 against a bunch of kids 😂😂😂

By the time we play the Old Firm game the league will be all but over. 

Oh and thanks for tiring out those St Mirren kids. They put so much into tonight and looked out on their feet. 

Aye.

And it’s doubly unfair, as some of them will hardly have had a wink’s sleep two nights before the game - waiting for Santa; then will have stuffed their faces with selection boxes the night before.