St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

23 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean it's entirely up to you if you wish to to ignore and diminish the all too obvious influence of the duopoly. That said, anyone seeking an objective point of view wouldn't.

Making some vague claim that one of the other clubs' chairman suggested Rangers shouldn't get preferential treatment and tying that to some explicit conspiracy theory is quite the stretch to say the least. Not just because if you ask ANY chairman in the league if they wish another team to benefit and they would say no, but because Rangers' own board have indulged in such actions on many an occasion.

So yeah, you'll forgive me if I counter the "I'm only providing facts here" line you seem to be making. In fact, I'd like to draw your attention to Gerrard's comments when he first came in, and allow me to paraphrase them... "I know f**k all about Scottish football, but I am absolutely certain Rangers are treated worst". Not only did that demonstrate Gerrard's ability to swallow any old shit, it also highlight just how entrenched a viewpoint some within the Rangers' hierarchy seem to have in that they had indoctrinated their new manager within a couple of weeks.

What then, you might wonder, how Rangers won more titles than any other team in Scotland. Such discrimination, such conspiracy, yet the plucky Rangers fights back against this oppression? Stunning story if true. It's not true though.

Well you made me laugh Ric. I’ll give you that

Gerrards comments were after Kevin Clancy wrongly Red carded Morelos at Pittodrie. It was a straight Red. Clancy said he didn’t see the incident at all and sent him off on the word of the linesman who claimed his view was impeded. Kevin Clancy has a long running history of incidents such as this. 

Regarding the 2008 incident. The manager of our opposition stated he was disappointed the lack of help Scottish football had given their representative in a major European football. Zenit had been given all the help they had asked for from the Russian league. 

Ive seen in my short time here you love these kind of long running spats. Not for me I’m afraid so we ll have to agree to disagree. 

14 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Gerrards comments were after Kevin Clancy wrongly Red carded Morelos at Pittodrie. It was a straight Red. Clancy said he didn’t see the incident at all and sent him off on the word of the linesman who claimed his view was impeded. Kevin Clancy has a long running history of incidents such as this. 

Allow me to quote verbatim his comments..

“It’s been happening for a good while." / “I believe it’s been happening for seasons"

This, it should be noted, from a manager just after his first ever league game.

Could you explain to me how Gerrard can conclude this with such little experience?

14 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Ive seen in my short time here you love these kind of long running spats. Not for me I’m afraid so we ll have to agree to disagree. 

I mean you were the one to raise such a crazy notion that there was some conspiracy against Rangers, despite the actual evidence not only not supporting your claim, but if anything being detrimental to it.

If you want to 'walk away', now would certainly be the most prudent.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Allow me to quote verbatim his comments..

“It’s been happening for a good while." / “I believe it’s been happening for seasons"

This, it should be noted, from a manager just after his first ever league game.

Could you explain to me how Gerrard can conclude this with such little experience?

I mean you were the one to raise such a crazy notion that there was some conspiracy against Rangers, despite the actual evidence not only not supporting your claim, but if anything being detrimental to it.

If you want to 'walk away', now would certainly be the most prudent.

Ok Ric

Gerard was correct in what he said regarding that referee as has been proven

Just in recent weeks. Penalty against Livi denied, Ross County goal offside. Haining, Halket and Devine for Hearts could all have gone. Tav booked against Hearts after clearly being fouled. Penalty in Cup semi final denied. Griffiths not sent off for a clear second booking 

That’s just a few to be going on with. This season we have had a big decision go our way and that was Sakala offside goal against Motherwell. Other than that we’ve had nothing go our way. There was a possible handball against Hearts I’ve seen mentioned on here a few times . The ball had gone out of play not once but twice before that incident and it led to a glorious chance for Hearts. 

Even against your own club we had the utterly embarrassing Willie Collum giving Candieas a Red card and then having to tell a lie at the appeal. Rangers proved he didn’t see what he claimed to see. Still Rangers lost the appeal

Andy Halliday Red Carded against your wee pals Morton and their manager , Jim Duffy, saying it was never a Red

We could go back and forth all day and night but I’m never going to convince you even with all these clear examples. 

I don’t believe there is a conspiracy against Rangers. I know for an absolute fact that those in place at the top of Scottish football are there with the ‘blessing’ of one club and it’s not Rangers!!

Rangers will overcome because now we are by a considerable distance the best team in the country and in time the hold Celtic have on the game will lessen. Just for the record I’ve absolutely no doubt that at times in the past Rangers had far too much influence on the game. For either to have such a grip on the game is unhealthy for the game in general but with that I really am leaving it there. I’m away for a wee beer all the best and Merry Xmas 

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

You are at it. Your answer is a mix of outrageous correlation, and desperate whataboutery.

You're wasting your time.

Most of them still believe it was everyone else's fault that they went out of existence.

That says it all.

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You're wasting your time.

Most of them still believe it was everyone else's fault that they went out of existence.

That says it all.

It's just so tiresome, for some reason some people either side of the OF think that by rattling off a list of "perceived grievances" it somehow proves their team is being "disadvantaged" when, in fact, the same sort of decisions are given against teams the length and breadth of the land. This despite the obvious influence of both clubs and their constant success.

It's classic elitist arrogance, and one borne from a lack of critical thinking.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's just so tiresome, for some reason some people either side of the OF think that by rattling off a list of "perceived grievances" it somehow proves their team is being "disadvantaged" when, in fact, the same sort of decisions are given against teams the length and breadth of the land. This despite the obvious influence of both clubs and their constant success.

It's classic elitist arrogance, and one borne from a lack of critical thinking.

And functioning brain cells.:1eye

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Ok Ric

Gerard was correct in what he said regarding that referee as has been proven

Just in recent weeks. Penalty against Livi denied, Ross County goal offside. Haining, Halket and Devine for Hearts could all have gone. Tav booked against Hearts after clearly being fouled. Penalty in Cup semi final denied. Griffiths not sent off for a clear second booking 

That’s just a few to be going on with. This season we have had a big decision go our way and that was Sakala offside goal against Motherwell. Other than that we’ve had nothing go our way. There was a possible handball against Hearts I’ve seen mentioned on here a few times . The ball had gone out of play not once but twice before that incident and it led to a glorious chance for Hearts. 

Even against your own club we had the utterly embarrassing Willie Collum giving Candieas a Red card and then having to tell a lie at the appeal. Rangers proved he didn’t see what he claimed to see. Still Rangers lost the appeal

Andy Halliday Red Carded against your wee pals Morton and their manager , Jim Duffy, saying it was never a Red

We could go back and forth all day and night but I’m never going to convince you even with all these clear examples. 

I don’t believe there is a conspiracy against Rangers. I know for an absolute fact that those in place at the top of Scottish football are there with the ‘blessing’ of one club and it’s not Rangers!!

Rangers will overcome because now we are by a considerable distance the best team in the country and in time the hold Celtic have on the game will lessen. Just for the record I’ve absolutely no doubt that at times in the past Rangers had far too much influence on the game. For either to have such a grip on the game is unhealthy for the game in general but with that I really am leaving it there. I’m away for a wee beer all the best and Merry Xmas 

I know I shouldn’t but I will. Just one game here, but it disproves your crap. 2-0 down against Aberdeen at Ibrox. A foul is given incorrectly to Rangers. From the resultant free kick, player, may have been Morelos, offside when ball comes in and goal given. Same game and a ball comes into Aberdeen box with a Rangers player offside again. Said Rangers player falls over after a non-foul and gets a penalty which gives Rangers a point. Four incidents in one game, but just ignore them. Goodness knows how many more in all the other games you’ve played this season.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I know I shouldn’t but I will. Just one game here, but it disproves your crap. 2-0 down against Aberdeen at Ibrox. A foul is given incorrectly to Rangers. From the resultant free kick, player, may have been Morelos, offside when ball comes in and goal given. Same game and a ball comes into Aberdeen box with a Rangers player offside again. Said Rangers player falls over after a non-foul and gets a penalty which gives Rangers a point. Four incidents in one game, but just ignore them. Goodness knows how many more in all the other games you’ve played this season.

Ffs, how can you compare that to Tav getting booked when it may not have merited a booking. 

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don't think that we've ever had a decision go in our favour which wasn't wrong. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Their goal at Ibrox against Motherwell was demonstrably offside.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Utter diddy drivel

The non foul was a clear penalty denying a goal scoring opportunity with no attempt to play ball. Aberdeen should have been Red carded 

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

Utter diddy drivel

The non foul was a clear penalty denying a goal scoring opportunity with no attempt to play ball. Aberdeen should have been Red carded 

mind the time kyle lafferty went down like a sack of spuds when he never got head butted?

7 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Utter diddy drivel

I was going to say awful trolling.

But the sad thing is i think you actually believe the conspiracy pish you are posting

51 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Much like this.

Seems it's not only their oafish fans.

Rangers: Allan McGregor queries 'sporting integrity' of earlier shutdown - BBC Sport

Saw that yesterday, classic stuff from McGregor. I do wonder if OF fans, on either side, realise what it looks like from the outside?

McGregor does come across as anti-vaxx though, I wonder if he is.