St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, G51 said:
What like is the attendance? Are there a good few folk staying away or is the ground as full as normal?

Piss poor big gaps

Interesting. Was wondering how many wouldn't fancy based on the incoming restrictions. 

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Especially those that wagered Celtic to win both half’s 😡

Seen enough tonight to know that Rangers will win the league comfortably. Celtic are largely pish 🤷‍♂️

By that logic I’d say that St Mirren team looks awful too. I think they’ll struggle for the rest of the season. 

By that logic I’d say that St Mirren team looks awful too. I think they’ll struggle for the rest of the season. 

This is our reserve team m8. If it wasn’t going to struggle for the rest of the season then questions need to be asked.
Don’t worry, if your team isn’t winning with 20 minutes to go I’m sure the ref will find a penalty for you somewhere.

Considering we have a mix of boys, 'reserves' and a few first teamers that haven't trained in a week, we haven't done too bad. 

Lyness showing his class, when Alnwick leaves i wonder if this guy is worthy of a shot at the no1 jersey?

We will tire in the 2nd half and with our bench available id expect Celtic to grind us down and win by at least a couple by the end.

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

This is our reserve team m8. If it wasn’t going to struggle for the rest of the season then questions need to be asked.
Don’t worry, if your team isn’t winning with 20 minutes to go I’m sure the ref will find a penalty for you somewhere.

You are aware Celtic have quite a few players missing?

Ah sorry, never realised. You’re right. Is it just the five full internationals you have in your starting 11?
Heart is bleeding.
Like I said, don’t panic. You’ll get the penalty if you can’t get the goal against our boys.

24 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Especially those that wagered Celtic to win both half’s 😡

Seen enough tonight to know that Rangers will win the league comfortably. Celtic are largely pish 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s too early to say that given there is only a small gap between the top 2 however it’s very evident that Celtic are very reliant on Furahashi and Jota for moments of brilliance. They are nowhere near the same team without those two.

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

Ah sorry, never realised. You’re right. Is it just the five full internationals you have in your starting 11?
Heart is bleeding.
Like I said, don’t panic. You’ll get the penalty if you can’t get the goal against our boys.

The reply wasn’t about this game, it was in reply to someone saying Celtic don’t have a hope in winning the title because of how the team looks tonight, carry on. 

What an utter brass neck
f**k me - honestly. A team that have a budget 10 times less that you and missing more players.
I Hope St Mirren get a point. Better yet all 3. Unlikely as the ref will intervene at some point.
Kudos to St Mirren for being level after 2/3 of the game.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Heart is bleeding.

Think the point was more that this Celtic performance isn't all that indicative of how Celtic will perform for the remainder of the season due to the somewhat jumbled starting 11 - same for St Mirren. We're of course going to look pretty blunt with our 3 best attacking starters missing, as well as our two back up strikers.

I wouldn't be surprised if St Mirren get something here to be honest, we've not done too much to trouble them. 

Edited by Fratelli

Just now, welldaft said:

What an utter brass neck
f**k me - honestly. A team that have a budget 10 times less that you and missing more players.
I Hope St Mirren get a point. Better yet all 3. Unlikely as the ref will intervene at some point.
Kudos to St Mirren for being level after 2/3 of the game.

See the post above. 

place is full of rockets. 

Just now, flyingscot said:

Curtis Main is murder. Can't hold it up, can't win a header, doesn't exactly look prolific. Been a while since we've had such a haddy in the squad. 

We’ve had some really poor strikers over the years, but Main is up there with the Callum Ball types.

He’s useless.

Tough watch so far and St Mirren are keeping us at arms length. The front 3 have been completely ineffective and highlights the difference Jota and Kyogo make but in saying that we have had chances.

Clearly lacking some depth as we have little on the bench that offers anything different, the January window can’t come soon enough if we are to try close on what is looking like 6 point gap.

Still time though 😬