St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

27 minutes ago, stressball said:

Seems that way. It should honestly be postponed, or at the very worst, forfeited.

I Celtic do win this by a cricket score, then they - and Saints closest rivals - get a benefit way beyond the winning or losing of 3 points.

Seems that way. It should honestly be postponed, or at the very worst, forfeited.
Stop all this forfeit nonsense, that simply isn't an option open to us without being charged and then undoubtedly having points deducted on top of the 3V0 defeat. Clubs do not have an option to unilaterally forfeit a match !!!

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Stop all this forfeit nonsense, that simply isn't an option open to us without being charged and then undoubtedly having points deducted on top of the 3V0 defeat. Clubs do not have an option to unilaterally forfeit a match !!!

If you’re unable to fulfil a fixture, and it’s not rescheduled you forfeit.

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic -3 is 3/1

Yeah, I got on something similar last night. Free money.

Actually they're still at 1/8 for the win. There aren't many investment opportunities returning a guaranteed 12.5% yield at the moment.

Edited by Coventry Saint

33 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Actually they're still at 1/8 for the win. There aren't many investment opportunities returning a guaranteed 12.5% yield at the moment.

Sky Bet still don't seem to have factored this in to the Rangers game on Boxing day - Celtic 1/10 tonight in Paisley and Rangers 1/7 at home on Sunday.

84/1 double Rangers -4 and Celtic to score 3+ goals, 9+ corners and 3 Saints bookings.

Not quite free money, and obviously I'd rather see 2 Saints wins, but if we're having to put up with this crap, then may as well get some financial compensation.

Just now, Munoz said:

Games a bogey. I'll be boycotting it.

I already have tickets. To be honest there's no way I'd miss this. If youngsters are turning out for us, we should try to support them. How pathetic would it look if the Main/West Stands were empty but the stands behind the goals were packed with Celtic fans?

5 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I already have tickets. To be honest there's no way I'd miss this. If youngsters are turning out for us, we should try to support them. How pathetic would it look if the Main/West Stands were empty but the stands behind the goals were packed with Celtic fans?

Game shouldn't be on. 

St Mirren's clash with Celtic will go ahead despite major Covid issues at the Buddies.

Several members of Jim Goodwin’s first team squad have been identified as close contacts of team-mates who have already returned positive test results.

However, a bid to have the game postponed, alongside the Boxing Day clash against Rangers, was knocked back on Tuesday by the governing body.

Under emergency SPFL rules games must go ahead if any stricken club still has enough players to fill out a squad of 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper.

This morning's PCR test results did not produce results that passed the threshold and therefore the game has been given the green light.

The games has been given the go ahead as Premiership clubs attempt to bring forward the winter break.

The Scottish Government's decision to limit attendance within grounds at 500 has sparked crisis talks that could see the three-week interval brought forward as Omicron rips through the country.

Wednesday's game in Paisley will be allowed a capacity crowd, however, with the new rules not coming in until Boxing Day.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sellick to win both halves is Evens which is extraordinarily generous given the circumstances.

image.png.d55179b75abc008edd0c0fd328314aba.png