St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

It’s in our best interest to just not field a team and take the 3-0 forefeit.
Absolutely farcical decision.

There’s no way that forfeit wouldn’t be accompanied by a fine and/or points deduction.

Just now, CambieBud said:

I see our paranoid Glasgow opposition are calling for an early winter break. Funny that when the bigot fest is due in a fortnight. Coincidence I’m sure

As are Motherwell, are they equally paranoid or does that not fit the narrative?

We clearly don't meet the agreed criteria for a Covid postponement as it stands. 13 players fit 1 of which must be a keeper and of that 13 there must be ten 18 or older. Clearly we currently meet the minimum requirements to play while in the case of the previously postponed games they didn't. This isn't an interpretation by the SPFL , it isn't subjective, the clubs all agreed these rules at the start of the season. It seemed fairly obvious after our earlier press release that said we were in an ongoing dialogue that we didn't meet the pre agreed threshold for the game to be postponed.

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We clearly don't meet the agreed criteria for a Covid postponement as it stands. 13 players fit 1 of which must be a keeper and of that 13 there must be ten 18 or older. Clearly we currently meet the minimum requirements to play while in the case of the previously postponed games they didn't. This isn't an interpretation by the SPFL , it isn't subjective, the clubs all agreed these rules at the start of the season. It seemed fairly obvious after our earlier press release that said we were in an ongoing dialogue that we didn't meet the pre agreed threshold for the game to be postponed.

Why did we later ask it to be postponed then?

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

As are Motherwell, are they equally paranoid or does that not fit the narrative?

You know perfectly well that you and your Ibrox based business partners are hand in glove when it comes to money. Celtic are not remotely interested in the good of Scottish football. They are interested in losing the advantage of 60000 home fans against them. If the game was at Ibrox, The New Rangers would be the same.

7 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Why did we later ask it to be postponed then?

Indeed.

Do you think we said to them, "I know we meet the minimum requirements, but can we have the game postponed?".

I predict by tomorrow morning we'll either have more positive tests or track and traced players.

Match postponed and those in charge looking like tits yet again.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It’s in our best interest to just not field a team and take the 3-0 forefeit.

Absolutely farcical decision.

This is how I would play this farcical situation. SPFL are a joke. Our goal difference could be shot by the end of the week. The club need to take a stance and not play. We are putting players healths at risk. If the shoe was on the other foot there is no way either old firm team would be made to play this game. 

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

You know perfectly well that you and your Ibrox based business partners are hand in glove when it comes to money. Celtic are not remotely interested in the good of Scottish football. They are interested in losing the advantage of 60000 home fans against them. If the game was at Ibrox, The New Rangers would be the same.

So you think Celtic are only interested in having fans as it gives them advantage over Rangers for 1 game? You’re not that naive are you? 

Celtic had a pretty poor set of financials and playing games with a 500 limit effectively costs more than if you played behind closed doors. Every single decision made by every club is in their own self interests but we have a ready made circuit breaker in place due to start in a couple of weeks so it makes sense to act on it now as it serves most clubs best interests and the fans. Like you I pay for my season ticket and I want to be in attendance for a massive game that I’ve already paid for, if it doesn’t work then we are fucked however we will be more fucked if we do nothing and just wait and see what happens

It’s not as if bringing the winter break forward doesn’t suit St Mirren does it? 

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So you think Celtic are only interested in having fans as it gives them advantage over Rangers for 1 game? You’re not that naive are you? 

Celtic had a pretty poor set of financials and playing games with a 500 limit effectively costs more than if you played behind closed doors. Every single decision made by every club is in their own self interests but we have a ready made circuit breaker in place due to start in a couple of weeks so it makes sense to act on it now as it serves most clubs best interests and the fans. Like you I pay for my season ticket and I want to be in attendance for a massive game that I’ve already paid for, if it doesn’t work then we are fucked however we will be more fucked if we do nothing and just wait and see what happens

It’s not as if bringing the winter break forward doesn’t suit St Mirren does it? 

oh Jinky! Poor Celtic. 9 Championships on the bounce and 9 years  Champions League money. Virtually unopposed in Scotland. Hoovering up 10’s of millions in transfer fees and TV money. Then one year of poor financial results. 
The break does suit St Mirren, you’re right, given our injury situation, but whether it happens today or in a fortnight will make no difference, given who we are due to play. 
I can’t imagine a situation where the Glasgow Derby would go ahead in these circumstances, can you?

Edited by CambieBud

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

oh Jinky! Poor Celtic. 9 Championships on the bounce and 9 years  Champions League money. Virtually unopposed in Scotland. Hoovering up 10’s of millions in transfer fees and TV money. Then one year of poor financial results. 
The break does suit St Mirren, you’re right, given our injury situation, but whether it happens today or in a fortnight will make no difference, given who we are due to play. 
I can’t imagine a situation where the Glasgow Derby would go ahead in these circumstances, can you?

What is it your actually unhappy with? Celtic and 9 other clubs (including yours) asking for the winter break to be implemented to avoid the crowd restrictions or the the fact the SPFL have binned your request to postpone tomorrows game which really has f**k all to do with Celtic? 

Because just now your acting a bit like the angry auld jakey flinging punches at everyone and anyone as he’s raging at the world.

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What is it your actually unhappy with? Celtic and 9 other clubs (including yours) asking for the winter break to be implemented to avoid the crowd restrictions or the the fact the SPFL have binned your request to postpone tomorrows game which really has f**k all to do with Celtic? 

Because just now your acting a bit like the angry auld jakey flinging punches at everyone and anyone as he’s raging at the world.

So you want the winter break brought forward fo Covid reasons, but want to play tomorrow.

How do you think fans of your twinned club would feel though if you got to play Saints 3rd string, won 10-0, and then they got held to a draw by our full strength team in mid Feb?

37 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

So you want the winter break brought forward fo Covid reasons, but want to play tomorrow.

How do you think fans of your twinned club would feel though if you got to play Saints 3rd string, won 10-0, and then they got held to a draw by our full strength team in mid Feb?

Pretty sure I said earlier in the thread not postponing tomorrows game today is a waste of everyone’s time due to the high likelihood of more positive tests