St Mirren v Celtic 22/12/21

Saints at home to a hopefully hung over and depleted CFC, who knows what team we will have out and fit but unfortunately I’m sure Celtic can field a team of nobodies and still get the result. 
Jims son expected to run on the park at full time and ask for Kyogos shirt waving a Japanese flag. 
In he words of Kevin Keegan I’d f@&*ing love it if we beat them. 

Please leave the stadium the way you found it. 

59 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If Jim doesnt wear a Celtic scarf and we dont turn our shop into a tri-colour/four leaf clover fest i will be a seething wreck.

I fully expect Jim to forgo any half time team talk, instead going straight into the away dressing room and congratulating them on a half well played.

Oh, right, the game... I know I shouldn't say this but I just write off any of our meetings with the OF. Could we sneak a draw? I mean... possibly? It's not like Celtic have their full team available to them. That said, what they have would still likely stroll into our team, frustrating as that is. I think I'm just tired of the hope. As they say, that's what kills you.

Ultimately, an injury free game where we at least look somewhat competitive, that's all I ask for.

Edited by Ric

ST MIRREN’S clash with Celtic on Wednesday night will go ahead — despite the Buddies having only TEN fit outfield players.

Saints boss Jim Goodwin has seen his plans plunged deeper into chaos after a Covid outbreak ripped through the camp last week

A dozen first-team squad members, including eight regular starters, and a member of Goodwin’s coaching staff are currently self-isolating.

They will all miss the rearranged Premiership showdown with the new Premier Sports Cup winners and the Boxing Day trip to face leaders Rangers at Ibrox

But despite the desperate situation, SunSport understands the Saints board chose not to request a postponement of either game.

Around 4,000 Celtic supporters are expected in Paisley tomorrow for a fixture which could net the lucky home side around £55,000.

Three of St Mirren’s available personnel are goalkeepers, forcing Goodwin to field a number of kids against Ange Postecoglou’s on-form Hoops.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

ST MIRREN’S clash with Celtic on Wednesday night will go ahead — despite the Buddies having only TEN fit outfield players.

Saints boss Jim Goodwin has seen his plans plunged deeper into chaos after a Covid outbreak ripped through the camp last week

A dozen first-team squad members, including eight regular starters, and a member of Goodwin’s coaching staff are currently self-isolating.

They will all miss the rearranged Premiership showdown with the new Premier Sports Cup winners and the Boxing Day trip to face leaders Rangers at Ibrox

But despite the desperate situation, SunSport understands the Saints board chose not to request a postponement of either game.

Around 4,000 Celtic supporters are expected in Paisley tomorrow for a fixture which could net the lucky home side around £55,000.

Three of St Mirren’s available personnel are goalkeepers, forcing Goodwin to field a number of kids against Ange Postecoglou’s on-form Hoops.

How the f**k is selling away tickets to fans ‘lucky’?  I doubt St.Mirren are feeling lucky at all right now, what a baffling word to use.

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

How the f**k is selling away tickets to fans ‘lucky’?  I doubt St.Mirren are feeling lucky at all right now, what a baffling word to use.

Not very 'lucky' on a few counts. St Mirren fans having to move from the family section to accommodate the away support being one of them.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Will be interesting if we pick up any injuries or suspensions tonight, will be ask to postpone the Rangers game on boxing day? 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will be interesting if we pick up any injuries or suspensions tonight, will be ask to postpone the Rangers game on boxing day? 

I can see that happening,  ridiculous that this game is still going ahead when a few bad results could mean possible relegation for St Mirren. 

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

I can see that happening,  ridiculous that this game is still going ahead when a few bad results could mean possible relegation for St Mirren. 

I strongly suspect we'd be pushing for postponements if we were due to play pretty much any other two clubs. Probably see these as a free hit; get them out the way, pray the -GD doesn't take a complete battering, and move on with our season.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will do wonders for the paranoid out there if we were to play Celtic with a decimated squad only to then request a postponement of the Rangers game. 

Get on Celtic -4 for this one. This has to be one of the biggest away bankers in Scottish top flight history.
Our youth team + Jak Alnwick versus one of the form teams in the country. Doubt they’ll even need the referees help this time.

54 minutes ago, Lex said:

Get on Celtic -4 for this one. This has to be one of the biggest away bankers in Scottish top flight history.
Our youth team + Jak Alnwick versus one of the form teams in the country. Doubt they’ll even need the referees help this time.

I would be surprised to see us score anywhere near that tbf, it’s a stick on Kyogo will be rested, Johnston looked gubbed and Juranovic went off injured and would have likely played on the right.

That leaves us with a Montgomery/Abada/Moffat front 3

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I would be surprised to see us score anywhere near that tbf, it’s a stick on Kyogo will be rested, Johnston looked gubbed and Juranovic went off injured and would have likely played on the right.

That leaves us with a Montgomery/Abada/Moffat front 3

Is this not an ideal opportunity to play Joey Dawson given he will be playing against youth players and it’s a game you will totally stroll ??

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is this not an ideal opportunity to play Joey Dawson given he will be playing against youth players and it’s a game you will totally stroll ??

I wouldn’t mind seeing him or Rocco Vata brought into the squad for tomorrow we have so few options in attack just now it would be good to see a couple of these boys and see what they are all about 

Edited by Jinky67