Hibs Vs Aberdeen - Weds 22nd Dec

56 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Seen enough of Gallacher how the f**k he was ever capped by Scotland I’ll never know.

Did you actually see him when he played for Scotland? That’s why he got a game for his country. Nowhere near that form now. Dreadful for a ten minute spell tonight, along with Calvin Ramsay.

Fairly straightforward 3 points tonight.

Ferguson was Aberdeens standout, but he had very little support until Ramsay came on (who, imv should have been on earlier).

As to us?

The defence was barely troubled, Aberdeen had several utter "barn door / banjo" efforts in the 2nd half.

Decent high press emerging after one training session with Maloney and his coaches. I think I like what this may turn into when we get a few more players.

Porto got MOTM and is probably still clearing the Dons strikers out of his pockets. He absolutely pissed that match, and barely needed to jump for his headed winner - you could see on the big screen that he was absolutely pissing himself at the room he was given.

Is it at this point that one of the Dons stalker fans comes out with some reference to "Brian Porteous"?

image.png.4768db155b81e84c73b1899bb89e13aa.png

I believe that we are now 5th. 

Astonishing stuff, 100% record for Maloney, is the league still on?

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Porteous had a great game tonight, and probably worthy of man of the match. However, he really had to get a red card if the referee sees him sticking his studs into Ramirez’s bollocks after the ball is away.

I didnt see that tbf, was that 2nd half?

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Fairly straightforward 3 points tonight.

Ferguson was Aberdeens standout, but he had very little support until Ramsay came on (who, imv should have been on earlier).

As to us?

The defence was barely troubled, Aberdeen had several utter "barn door / banjo" efforts in the 2nd half.

Decent high press emerging after one training session with Maloney and his coaches. I think I like what this may turn into when we get a few more players.

Porto got MOTM and is probably still clearing the Dons strikers out of his pockets. He absolutely pissed that match, and barely needed to jump for his headed winner - you could see on the big screen that he was absolutely pissing himself at the room he was given.

Is it at this point that one of the Dons stalker fans comes out with some reference to "Brian Porteous"?

image.png.4768db155b81e84c73b1899bb89e13aa.png

I believe that we are now 5th. 

Astonishing stuff, 100% record for Maloney, is the league still on?

Think you’re being generous to hibs. Two poor teams separated by a set piece. 

We were shite and can’t complain but was a 0-0 game over the piece. 

When watkins and hedges don’t show up we’re not a threat unfortunately. 

Besides the Raith Rovers match, that was our worst performance of the season IMO. We really missed McCrorie and Brown today. Confident, we'd have gotten a result otherwise.

Really underwhelmed. We barely troubled Macey. Todays performance highlighted the lack of quality in our side.

We have next to no options from the bench. Hedges can gladly leave. He's been really poor this season.

Need to bounce back with a win against Dundee.

Edit: We shouldn't require Porteous and/or Gogic to get sent off to win.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think you’re being generous to hibs. Two poor teams separated by a set piece. 

We were shite and can’t complain but was a 0-0 game over the piece. 

When watkins and hedges don’t show up we’re not a threat unfortunately. 

I am - but its Christmas and generosity is in my nature, although not as generous as Gallagher........... 😉

Spoiler

being honest, if we had lost that match 1-0, I would have been fuckin spewing.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Near the start of that half.

Just seen it on the highlights. 

• One of those "wee flicks" that hurts like f**k
  • Total accident
  • Surprised Ramirez wasnt booked for simulation

*the only bit of the above thats true is that wee flicks in the baws hurt like f**k.

Well I thought we'd have a clearer idea after December, and it's obvious now, which it wasn't at the beginning of the month, that we won't be relegated. We'll finish no lower than 7th and no higher than 5th.

If the Scottish Cup draw is kind we'll reach the quarter-finals and if it's very kind maybe the semi-final but that will be our lot.

There's nothing to suggest that we can't finish mid-table again next season given a fair wind.

It's going to take more than a season to transition this lot into a consistently competent squad I'm afraid.

Again, I'll say, Gallagher is not at the quality we require and is undoubtedly earning a relatively significant wage as is McGeouch. The latter will go in the summer but we need to find a path out of Pittodrie for big Declan too...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Fair comments from Glass, I think the players let him down this evening.

That said, I think taking Thomas off at half time was the wrong call. He's a bit of an enigma, but he's superb at keeping the ball in the opponents half.

While I didn't feel we were particularly threatened with Hibs general play, not being able to keep the ball in their half is always going to put us under pressure. That pressure obviously turned into set pieces, and one of those turned into a goal. Dreadful defending though, and not the only poor piece of play from Gallagher. I think we at least draw that game with McCrorie playing.

Don't think Hibs deserved a win on the balance of play, but can't argue with it either.