Heart of Midlothian FC v Ross County

Given the injuries and suspensions I'd be happy to see something like this.

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Moore

Smith Haring McEneff Cochrane

McKay Boyce  GMS

Not overly fussed about GMs, he could easily come out for Ginnelly or Woodburn. As long as I don't see Halliday I'd be happy. Think Walker will be on the bench.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Given the injuries and suspensions I'd be happy to see something like this.
                 Gordon
     Souttar Halkett Moore
Smith Haring McEneff Cochrane
          McKay Boyce  GMS
Not overly fussed about GMs, he could easily come.out for.Ginnelly or Woodburn. As long as I done see Halliday I'd be happy 

Chances are that one of those will get an hour and then another will get the last half hour

GMS/Ginelly/Woodburn or even Walker are all valid options and while we can each think that one choice might leave us slightly stronger than another it’s not worth having a serious argument about

We’ve got a load of players who are good enough to start but not too good to drop. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing

Very happy to be proven wrong but that line-up looks like an overthought mess. I count at least 5 players not playing in their primary positions (not even counting Halliday at LWB). 6 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder and a front 3 composed of a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a winger who have scored a combined total of 3 goals this season (all in the same game).

I get that we're missing a bunch of players, but here's an example of a team we could have played with the same set of players and no-one out of position:

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Cochrane

Haring McEneff

McKay Walker GMS/Woodburn

Gnanduillet

55 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Very happy to be proven wrong but that line-up looks like an overthought mess. I count at least 5 players not playing in their primary positions (not even counting Halliday at LWB). 6 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder and a front 3 composed of a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a winger who have scored a combined total of 3 goals this season (all in the same game).

I've definitely been proven wrong so far. We should be further ahead.

55 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Another deflected goal after some absolutely honking defending. Hearts could win this by four or five.

Worst 1st half from County this season, given that, there was a huge deflection for the second goal. Hearts well deserving of a 2-0 HT lead.

County far better in the second half.

First half was very good and the game should have been done by half-time. The front three were very good, particularly Woodburn who had his best game for us.

The second half was sloppy as f**k but we still probably looked more likely to add a third than concede. The last 20/25 minutes after County pulled one back were excruciating and we'd lost control of the game by that point. I don't think they created many clear chances in that time but the wide players were a constant threat and we couldn't make it stick up front.

Massive win considering Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs also won, especially with a depleted squad. The winter break probably comes at a good time for us.

Bit of a weird one. Was obviously some sort of covid issue with several players in good form nowhere to be seen, which forced the 442. That being said, it was still not good enough in the first. Thought Clarke was at fault for both goals, and whilst Hearts had plenty of chances to score in the first half, the two goals we conceded were very poor. Hopefully that’s the last we see of Clarke at Centre Back as he’s far far better behind Hungbo.

Thought Burroughs came on and made a difference to be honest. Game passed Cancola by in the first half and I wasn’t shocked to see him come off. We managed to get Hungbo and RCC into the game and therefore we forced Hearts’ hand, and in the end we were probably quite unlucky not to take something from the game. To be honest, pretty happy with the second half application considering we were depleted. Also, no ground lost as teams around us beaten as well so not too disappointed with it.

Ross County have come a long way this season. A difficult start saw us languishing at the foot of the table and things were not looking goood for us. Despite the poor results I think its fair to say there were signs that we were trying. Since the end of October and the tremendous 0-5 win against Dundee, our fortunes have changed and today even though we were 2-0 down my renewed sense of optimism made me believe that we could get a point. It sounds like we were the better team in the second half and we kept going. Even though we lost we have turned the season around and we are one of the best performing teams in the league.

Disappointed with the result, but far from downhearted. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by silver

Because of family commitments and technical issues I only tuned in with 10 minutes left of normal time

Which is apparently exactly the bit that it would have been better to miss

I don’t know whether Ross County fans can complain about the result but they can’t complain about their team’s determination and persistence

Three week winter break and transfer window coming at precisely the right time for us. If what we had out there at the end of that match, is all we have left, then we would be in trouble. 

Beni, Boyce, Kingsley and Devlin back from injury and suspension., Atkinson in. Hopefully Halkett is t too badly injured and signs an extension.

New striker and at least one new centrehalf needed to get us to the end of the season in decent shape.

Was important to grind the last couple of games out. Now we need to be fully refreshed and back to our best for the second half.

First half from County was a mess, a bright first 2 minutes then all Hearts, with them tearing out right hand side to shreds at will. If we'd gone in 4-0 down, I'd have no complaints.

Second half was much better, got more of a grip and Hungbo/RCC started to have more joy. Probably deserved the goal but on the sheer number of chances Hearts had in the first half didn't really deserve a point. 

The second half was promising considering we'd been hit with late covid issues.

Edited by Comrie