The Binos v Elgin City

Tuesday night at Forthbank we host Elgin City on what will be a important game for both teams 

For the Binos we NEED to start winning after 6 straight defeats we must start picking up points to keep us in contention for a playoff spot.

For Elgin near the bottom again its about picking up points to get them up the table. 

Prediction Binos 1 Elgin 0 (  I hope 😀

Elgin are always well organised and will be boosted at a big come from behind win with 10 men at the weekend. It feels strange to be saying at this point of the season, but I agree, this is a must win.  Things aren't going to get any easier with Stenny away and then Kelty in the games following.  You feel any type of win - even a lucky 1-0, will boost morale massively.  The heads are down pretty much from the first whistle at the moment and too many players are hiding.  

With Leitch suspended, someone is going to have to take ownership of trying to create something.  

I am fearful!

Well the appointment of Young certainly makes this game a little bit more interesting, although it’s obviously too soon for his appointment to make any real difference, hopefully it’s enough to get a little bit extra out of the players, trying to impress the new gaffer.

Missing Jack Leitch will be a loss but my fingers crossed we still have enough to beat Elgin, let’s be honest, we should.

We apparently tried to get this game postponed. We only have 10 fit outfield players plus 2 goalies. Request turned down because we have an under 20s team!

Could be an interesting line-up. Maybe adversity will work in our favour.

1 hour ago, gmca said:

We apparently tried to get this game postponed. We only have 10 fit outfield players plus 2 goalies. Request turned down because we have an under 20s team!

Lets hope so for Darren Youngs first game in charge. Could be a chance for some of the younger players to impress the manager. 

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Well the appointment of Young certainly makes this game a little bit more interesting, although it’s obviously too soon for his appointment to make any real difference, hopefully it’s enough to get a little bit extra out of the players, trying to impress the new gaffer.

Missing Jack Leitch will be a loss but my fingers crossed we still have enough to beat Elgin, let’s be honest, we should.

I'd rather it was Jason Leitch that was unavailable to get in to work.

Impress the manager, try harder????      We lead the red (4)and yellow (cummins and McGregor [7 each] card league. Perhaps we have chased games too much.

Calm heads and settle for a draw might be a good start. 

Just looked and EC aren't far behind us on reds/yellows .  Seven a side??

Edited by Dumb yatt
add info

4 hours ago, gmca said:

You have to list at least 13 players so as you say having the under 20 players means in the eyes of the SPFL you have enough players.

Not sure how Stirling contrived to lose that, but this is now an almighty slump. Tough to see where the next win comes from.

Second half the chances were there but some very very poor finishing cost us dearly, along with one corner woefully defended

Improvements in the style of football, tried to play our way through the zones rather than long balls up field. We were on the wrong side of at least 1 if not 2 stonewall penalty decision and missed a hat full of chances. When your luck is out your luck is out.

Elgin we’re organised and got the break for the goal, frustrating night for the Binos.

That’s a huge and rather unexpected 3 points given our form. Hopefully 4 points in the last 2 games can inspire a prolonged run of better performances. I really think this squad is better than they are currently showing but points are really the only thing that matters when you find yourself in the bottom 2! That’s a quite amazing and disturbing run of form for Stirling. Can’t see it being terminal given their squad but it’s got to be very disappointing to now be looking over the shoulder!

Its been said before by previous posters, better performance last night especially  in spells in the second half but if you don`t take your chances and the other team does you lose this game and that`s what happened last night.  

Heaver and Flannagan missed 2 decent chances to get us something from this game. 

Lets hope DY can work on the squad before the next game away to Stenny and we can go and get something from this game. 

Keep the faith fellow Binos and hope DY can turn this around. 

Plenty of positives to take from the game last night, the only sticking point really is the ultimate score line.

Well done to the lads last night, you only had to look at the squad to see how stripped it was with injury, covid and suspension. There was also rumours going around that maybe 1 or 2 of the lads on the park weren’t 100% so fair play to them all for that.

We all know in football that if you don’t take your chances you tend not to win games and for me that’s pretty much what happened last night, I thought for long periods the phases of play were excellent, as I mentioned above there was a clear change in focus to get on the ball and play through the zones, where as in the past under KR it was long balls into channels or up to a “Target Man” but that wasn’t the story last night.

The missed chances were the missed chances, on another day we could have won by 3 or 4 goals, but the First Half penalty call incensed me and Elgin really got away with one there when Scally was clearly barged in the back from a cross ball, wow. The late tackle in the second half, ok we’ve seen them not been given before but it was late and it was a foul anywhere else on the park.

Anyway, a night where I don’t think we deserved to lose but certainly walked away chuffed with the effort the players put in and encouraged that the team are going to be a bit more expansive and attack minded going forward, we can only hope because there’s not been much to get excited about watching Defensive ridged football under KR.

Well done Elgin and let’s hope the Darren Young era kicks off properly with 3 points against Stenny.

Up until the goal it didn't look as if either side was capable of scoring, it was typical League 2 football, two not vey good teams huffing and puffing with little result.

I'm not sure if it was the Elgin goal or our substitutions that stirred us into action but the last 20/25 minutes showed what we could be capable of, apart from putting the ball in the net.

It's not all doom and gloom for the new manager, our performances are not so much worse in the second quarter from the first. First quarter we had that wee bit of luck and got points without being convincing, second quarter we're still not playing particularly well but the wee bit of luck we had has gone elsewhere.

Apart from Kelty the rest of the league is much of a muchness and I could see us finishing anywhere between 3rd and 8th.