St Johnstone nil v Ross County, Wednesday 22 December 2021

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

May will start through the middle through necessity - but he needs to be given the specific instruction just to loiter in the vicinity of the goal, between the posts and as close to it as possible - for the full 90. No dropping into the midfield and shuttling it wide because that inevitably leads to something like Booth putting a cross in to absolutely nobody.

Has he not been told this, by 2 different managers playing different systems, since he came back though? He's not going to become a penalty box striker by tomorrow night. 

He's still probably our best hope of a goal unfortunately, alongside probably Middleton, MOH, Craig and Crawford and maybe Rooney. On paper Butterfield and Viv have goals in them too. Because most of our goals in the last few years have been dotted around the team we've got a few who have scored goals, but of course that's very different to having goal scorers. I'd put Muzz in that group too. 

Zander

MOH  Brown  Gordon  Booth  Devine

Butterfield    Bryson

VIV    May   Middleton

Can't see any way it won't be a back 3/5. Also can't see Crawford not starting, but then again said that on Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Booth, Brown and Gordon? Oaft.

There's change, then there's change just for the sake of change. Have County got any tall players up front? I just remember Karamoko having Booth floundering about in a daze over in Austria. It gives me the fear.

Pretty much this.

Booth as a LCB is one of the worst shouts I've ever seen for a league match. Totally fine against absolute shit in the cups but fucking hell, literally nothing about him screams a competent CB at top flight level. He can't defend the back post at all Jordan White would just sit on him for 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Booth, Brown and Gordon? Oaft.

There's change, then there's change just for the sake of change. Have County got any tall players up front? I just remember Karamoko having Booth floundering about in a daze over in Austria. It gives me the fear.

Yeah that's fair. Probably am just look at change for the sake of if given the recent performances, and part of me just wants to see some challenge to McCart for his position. 

15 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Great banter if one of them is Stevie May, leaving us with the prospect of Middleton or O’Halloran lone striker.

Crawford would be great as a false nine tbf.

I would genuinely stick Rooney up front if that was the case.