Ton vs. Doonhamers Boxing Day Ding Dong

Must win. Can't let one of our relegation rivals go 7 points clear of us and we simply need a home win/any win to get us going.

Will be interesting to see if Dougie changes much but to be honest, there's not much he can change with 16 players available. Badly need some quality in the wide areas/right back come Jan the 1st. 

Id go,

Hamilton.

Hynes McEntee Ledger Strapp

Lyon Oksanen Jacobs Russell.

Ugwu Oliver

Muirhead is pish,  Lithgow has been horrendous and Reilly has had so many chances and failed spectacularly  so all 3 can sit on the bench with Allan and Blues.

Not ideal having Lyon off the right but can be a narrow 3 allowing Hynes to go round the outside.

Prob a draw which doesn't help us.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Must win. Can't let one of our relegation rivals go 7 points clear of us and we simply need a home win/any win to get us going.

Will be interesting to see if Dougie changes much but to be honest, there's not much he can change with 16 players available. Badly need some quality in the wide areas/right back come Jan the 1st. 

Id go,

Hamilton.

Hynes McEntee Ledger Strapp

Lyon Oksanen Jacobs Russell.

Ugwu Oliver

Muirhead is pish,  Lithgow has been horrendous and Reilly has had so many chances and failed spectacularly  so all 3 can sit on the bench with Allan and Blues.

Not ideal having Lyon off the right but can be a narrow 3 allowing Hynes to go round the outside.

Prob a draw which doesn't help us.

That team pretty much picks itself, for any sensible person at least.  Gus would have had Muirhead and Blues in there and Lithgow at CB in place of Ledger.

Reilly might be worth bringing on to play the "ex-player scores against former team" joker.

34 minutes ago, Alibi said:

That team pretty much picks itself, for any sensible person at least.  Gus would have had Muirhead and Blues in there and Lithgow at CB in place of Ledger.

Reilly might be worth bringing on to play the "ex-player scores against former team" joker.

Don't be greedy, you've already got Ledger, Jacobs and Oliver for that role 😉

Imrie as a player was the pantomime villain for a lot of opposition fans, but they would probably have been happy to have a cocky, committed midfielder like him in their team. I can't recall any specific  incidents  that would make Queens supporters hate him, it was just his general demeanor on the pitch that seemed to rile the opposition fans I think. He could be a bit of a wind-up merchant I suppose. If there's been any major off-field dramas that he's been involved in I can't recall any either. Hopefully he's matured a bit, he'll have to or he'll be up before the beaks on a regular basis. 

7 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

What did he do? 

There was an incident in a match a few years ago between Clyde and Hamilton where an Accies player “died” on the pitch following a clash with Imrie. Luckily medics managed to bring him back to life.

There was a major fallout after the game between the management teams and players which didn’t paint Imrie in a good light.

Coupled with his gallus attitude he was a player opposition fans loved to hate.

I was never a fan of Imrie but I can remember a few years ago we comfortably disposed of Morton at Palmerston with a truly awful display by the opposition (it may well have been when they got relegated, the same season they beat Celtic at Parkhead?). It was genuinely embarrassing and not one single Morton player had the guts to applaud the support who sat through the shitshow. Imrie walked up to them and applauded them. I doubt it meant much to them but my respect for him went up after that day.