Nutjob anti-vaxxer arrested.

2 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Interesting. Do you think people should be forcibly injected with the vaccine? Would you approve of coercive measures, such as 'no jab, no job or benefits'?

I'm of the opinion that the government, and many previous ones of all hues, are a bunch of liars. From Johnson's lies about the Christmas party, to Blair's lies about the threat Iraq posed to the UK and hundreds of other examples from politicians. I therefore cannot blame someone for being hesitant to take the vaccine. The only immunity guaranteed is the pharmaceutical companies who are making billions from all this, which will no doubt filter down into the pockets of the people calling the shots - the 'experts' and the politicians.

By all means you take the vaccine, have your kids take it. Get a booster every day if you like. But when you start calling people 'selfish idiots' for exercising their bodily autonomy, you're beginning to sound a bit like a fascist.

It’s ok to form opinions about the behaviour of others. Of course people have the right to refuse to be vaccinated. I have the right to consider them arsehole morons. With all the obvious caveats.

Edited by Thorongil

12 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Aye, but with that kind of contempt and vitriol it won't be long until he's calling on his neighbours to (metaphorically) grab their pitchforks and go after the unvaccinated. 

The dialogue's going to go something like this.:

- The government will come out and say "the NHS is nearly overwhelmed, we must lockdown...if only people had taken their vaccines and boosters, none of this will have ever happened."

- Outraged at the prospect of another lockdown, the enraged mob will demand that the government punish the unvaccinated! "These anti-vaxxer b***ards are stopping me from going to the pub/shopping/football...why don't they listen to the government and do what they're told?"

- The government concedes to the demands of the people and the unvaccinated are now given two months to comply or they'll lose their job/benefits, or even face the jail (Austria).

queen-cop26-royal-family-3724579.jpg.570c474d461fad2134004bc3ebb76d54.jpg

Above: Or betters at the COP26. Masking doesn't apply to them.

Johnson, et al, really don't appear to be that terrified of the virus. Given the age of the Queen, I'd have expected her to be inside a sterile ball, al la Bart Simpson:

Bartnle.jpg.dc135ca8eb8c0651c8577941ab4cf760.jpg

Shape shifting lizards don't get COVID, so she's safe. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Anyone who thinks the NHS is in trouble because of a handful of covid patients rather than years of being run into the ground by both governments just doesn't understand what is going on.

Countries with better healthcare than the UK are also locking down.

NHS funding isn’t the issue.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People who criticise those who choose not to be vaccinated whilst defending their right to refuse vaccination without legitimate reason are populists playing to the (mostly social media) gallery.

I think it’s stupid but it’s their choice. That shouldn’t be such a difficult concept that you need to add imaginary context to.

Agree. I think anti-vaxxers are making bad decisions based on absolute nonsense but it's up to them.
Our health service should not be falling apart due to a handful of cases of covid and Sturgeon and Johnson should both be getting hauled over the coals on a daily basis about the fact they've run the service into the ground.
Too many stupid people want to take the easy route of blaming anti-vaxxers though so the problem never gets resolved. It's frustrating.
Lots of people arent anti vaxxers. They just dont see the benefit of getting it. They are, in many cases, pretty much correct.

Soon the likes of Danger will be at me to vaccinate my kids. My 6 year old.utterly breezed covid. So why should she?

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lots of people arent anti vaxxers. They just dont see the benefit of getting it. They are, in many cases, pretty much correct.

Soon the likes of Danger will be at me to vaccinate my kids. My 6 year old.utterly breezed covid. So why should she?

It’s just a basic precaution.