Arbroath - Scotlands answer to Leicester ?

The budgets aren’t the issue here though are they? It’s the difference between being full time and part time, that’s the huge disparity.
I’m not meaning the quality of players as I think we have a few guys who could play for any side in the league, or above, it’s more the lifestyle - the balance of training, rest, mid-week match preparation etc and the ability of the coaching team to work with the players every day. Players at every level, even down to the non leagues are much fitter than they were in the past so that’s not the issue but I imagine it’s incredibly difficult to spend much time on anything other than the basics when a team’s limited to 3 or 4 hours training a week.

We're full time and clearly don't spend any time working on the basics. We must spend each training session doing drills as most of our injuries seem to come via training as well.

9 hours ago, 101 said:

Would have thought Abroath players earn the most money out of anyone in the league. Considering whatever Arbroath pay them and they get another salary.

I had a boss who used to come out with stuff like that - "between what we pay you and tax credits, you're basically getting two wages"  :lol:

My favourite was "how come nobody includes Sundays when they talk about annual leave? We do let you have Sundays off, you know".