Aberdeen vs. Dundee

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

4 wins out of 5.

Only 3 wins away from 3rd.

3 week break allowing Glass to make the appropriate adjustments to the side.

Keep the faith.

I get what you are saying, and it’s not too late to come good. 
But!, scraped a win today against a relegation facing team with barely a team available. Previously lost to a very average Hibs performance, and prior to that got a bit lucky to scrape past St Johnstone who are in disarray. Definitely not in any kind of decent form. 

3 minutes ago, big al said:

I get what you are saying, and it’s not too late to come good. 
But!, scraped a win today against a relegation facing team with barely a team available. Previously lost to a very average Hibs performance, and prior to that got a bit lucky to scrape past St Johnstone who are in disarray. Definitely not in any kind of decent form. 

I didn't think we played well today, but four wins in five games in December - nine goals scored, three conceded - has to, all things considered, be classed as 'decent form'.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I didn't think we played well today, but four wins in five games in December - nine goals scored, three conceded - has to, all things considered, be classed as 'decent form'.

Haven’t players well in the last 3 now was my point. 
Hopefully the break will bring better times.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not quite. But basically.

Someone has to be nominated as goalkeeper on the day. They don't though necessarily have to be a goalkeeper to trade. In the Scottish Cup you also have to nominate a sub goalkeeper and I think can't bring them on outfield. No such rule in the league though where you can name a full bench of outfield players if you so wish. In any event players can swap positions freely once on the pitch.

American Footballers incidentally can also play any position they like. They have a designated position and the shirt number they wear is governed by that but they can actually play anywhere which is why we've had instances of guys like "The Fridge" who was a Defensive Lineman who would never usually get hands on a ball or play an attacking down, reporting as an Eligible Back for goaline short yardage plays and occasionally scoring a TD. Kickers tend to be wee stick thin, often foreign, guys. Nobody in their right mind puts them deliberately in a physical tackling role, but they could. It's not forbidden.

I will think more carefully in future before posting a flippant comment. Wait a minute, no I won’t.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Another result papering over the cracks, same crap, different opponents.

Somebody didn’t get the Christmas presents that they wanted. This season we’ve  played much better than today and lost. Teams win matches all the time without being at their best, but it’s not described as “papering over the cracks” and neither should today’s performance. Who knows, the next time we play we may look totally different with potentially Hedges, Ferguson and Ramsay gone. 

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Somebody didn’t get the Christmas presents that they wanted. This season we’ve  played much better than today and lost. Teams win matches all the time without being at their best, but it’s not described as “papering over the cracks” and neither should today’s performance. Who knows, the next time we play we may look totally different with potentially Hedges, Ferguson and Ramsay gone. 

Haha. You wouldn’t believe the Xmas present I got if I told you. 
There’s a head of recruitment now so hopefully a stronger team emerges after the break.

Very frustrated not getting to the games on the holidays as was main events I was looking forward to. Things can only get better, inmore ways than 1! 

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Whinge when we're winning

We still whinge when we're winning.

Not sure the song will catch on but it's true. We are by nature moany b*****ds. Win, lose or drraw.

We're Aberdonians min, by birth or upbringing. It's in our DNA