Aberdeen vs. Dundee

I thought McLennan made a positive difference when he came on, not only because he crossed in for the goal. I thought we were lacking someone who wanted to run at Dundee’s defence. He did that a few times, had a few clangers but nice to see his running ambition. Credit to a Ojo for the late goal line clearance as well. Also well done to the eleven Dundee players. It was obvious whenever I saw their bench that there would be no substitutions by Dundee unless there was an injury. I think Dundee should be thanking our players for not going in too hard and ensuring that they had no injuries.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No it isn’t the case. Anyone can play in goal, and anyone can play outfield. It’s not American Football.

Not quite. But basically.

Someone has to be nominated as goalkeeper on the day. They don't though necessarily have to be a goalkeeper to trade. In the Scottish Cup you also have to nominate a sub goalkeeper and I think can't bring them on outfield. No such rule in the league though where you can name a full bench of outfield players if you so wish. In any event players can swap positions freely once on the pitch.

American Footballers incidentally can also play any position they like. They have a designated position and the shirt number they wear is governed by that but they can actually play anywhere which is why we've had instances of guys like "The Fridge" who was a Defensive Lineman who would never usually get hands on a ball or play an attacking down, reporting as an Eligible Back for goaline short yardage plays and occasionally scoring a TD. Kickers tend to be wee stick thin, often foreign, guys. Nobody in their right mind puts them deliberately in a physical tackling role, but they could. It's not forbidden.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I thought McLennan made a positive difference when he came on, not only because he crossed in for the goal. I thought we were lacking someone who wanted to run at Dundee’s defence. He did that a few times, had a few clangers but nice to see his running ambition. Credit to a Ojo for the late goal line clearance as well. Also well done to the eleven Dundee players. It was obvious whenever I saw their bench that there would be no substitutions by Dundee unless there was an injury. I think Dundee should be thanking our players for not going in too hard and ensuring that they had no injuries.

The team is too soft to go in hard anyway.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Dived in a bit early on this one, eh? Why was McPake not asked why his club didn't propose a change to these rules in the summer if there was such an issue?

Weren't you whining about other club's fans querying why Kilmarnock and Ayr should ask for a postponement? 🤔

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Weren't you whining about other club's fans querying why Kilmarnock and Ayr should ask for a postponement? 🤔

That would be the same Kilmarnock who from the word go wanted a break, voted for it and released a statement immediately noting their disappointment that it hadn't been voted for. Compared to Dundee and McPake's radio silence on this issue until it affected them.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That would be the same Kilmarnock who from the word go wanted a break, voted for it and released a statement immediately noting their disappointment that it hadn't been voted for. Compared to Dundee and McPake's radio silence on this issue until it affected them.

🤣im pretty sure that upto today the radio stations haven't been chapping on mcpakes door asking him about the current covid crisis engulfing the scottish game.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not really the point though is it? You got called out for nipping on that thread that it's nothing to do with supporters of other clubs what Kilmarnock and Ayr may mutually want to do yet here you are on the Aberdeen v Dundee thread criticising the actions of Dundee and their fans. It's not even in the same division as Kilmarnock never mind anything to do with them.

This is about the hypocrisy of yourself not Kilmarnock.

I'd have thought you'd be in a good mood too, what with being one of #TB4 again
065abaabc606b40b46646ef5a84107d0.jpg

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Dundee another team who were obviously happy enough with the covid rules at the start of the season but are suddenly up in arms once it's them who are missing players.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You've just made that up.

Which part have I made up? Did Dundee attempt to change the rules in the summer? Did they come out against them beforehand? Why have they only suddenly become a bad thing now that you are the ones down to the bare bones?

Where have Dundee been 'up in arms'? We released a statement saying what's happened. I don't see any outrage or 'up in arms'. You've simply made that up.

There's plenty of outrage on this thread for a start.

So not the club then? 

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Dived in a bit early on this one, eh? Why was McPake not asked why his club didn't propose a change to these rules in the summer if there was such an issue?

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ah, so you're a fortune teller now?

Fucking show some grace, accept your L and admit you completely made it up.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

56 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not really the point though is it? You got called out for nipping on that thread that it's nothing to do with supporters of other clubs what Kilmarnock and Ayr may mutually want to do yet here you are on the Aberdeen v Dundee thread criticising the actions of Dundee and their fans. It's not even in the same division as Kilmarnock never mind anything to do with them.

This is about the hypocrisy of yourself not Kilmarnock.

@craigkillie has taken a bit of a beating today. 

Shame