Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kilmarnock recruited really badly in the summer, signing players released from Falkirk and Raith Rovers wasn’t  going to lead to promotion. Whoever comes in hasn’t got much to work with. 

I think Gary Holt has all the credentials to get Killie winning though! 🙃

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I reckon the best/lowest risk outcome here for you guys is either Alex Neil or Jack Ross.  However, this would depend on what budget you have (was it costly to jettison Wright?) and I doubt either would be cheap options, and Neil may be holding out for another opportunity down south.

McInnes? - talks well, but I've never been totally convinced by what you get on the pitch.

Naismith? - well, there's the obvious connection with the club - but he's untried in the top job and would be a risk (compared to the likes of Neil or Ross who have already earned their stripes in the top role).  You never know with that type of appointment, but there's risk there.

McCann? - again talks a good talk, but not sure.  Did well recently at ICT but ....... just not totally convinced, eh?

Lennon? - hmmm.  Wouldn't be cheap, certainly wouldn't be dull, but also might not be too popular.

I think some of these names are quite delusional. No chance of a Neil, Ross or McInnes rocking up at Rugby Park. It's more likely to be someone who has failed before as a manager like McCann or untried like Naismith.

8 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I have a weird feeling it’ll be Stuart Kettlewell. I don’t know why, I just think eventually he’s going to get one of the jobs in this division. 

Apparently he interviews really well, he got down to the final two in our application process, apparently. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I think some of these names are quite delusional. No chance of a Neil, Ross or McInnes rocking up at Rugby Park.

Like I said, it's all about Killie's budget, and I've no idea how good or poor that might be. Safe, lowest risk options don't come cheap.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think some of these names are quite delusional. No chance of a Neil, Ross or McInnes rocking up at Rugby Park. It's more likely to be someone who has failed before as a manager like McCann or untried like Naismith.

I hate the DKB's as much as anyone but I'd say all of those are reasonable shouts- they will have a pretty massive budget and premier league infrastructure still in place- they haven't sacked Wright to replace him with a 'project'.  They need to win the league.

7 hours ago, Fide said:

Absolutely false. How staunch are Burns or Clarke, 2 of the fan’s favourite managers? 

Going back further, Willie Fernie, Malky Macdonald, Jimmy McGrory. Three former Celtic strikers who were successful Kilmarnock managers.

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

hate the DKB's as much as anyone but I'd say all of those are reasonable shouts- they will have a pretty massive budget and premier league infrastructure still in place- they haven't sacked Wright to replace him with a 'project'.  They need to win the league.

Agreed , put yourself in McInness’s shoes , Hearts and Hibs jobs gone then if not Killie then who ? Dundee maybe or back to Saints (doubt it) .

On 19/12/2021 at 00:06, PB1994 said:

Haven’t read through any of the posts past yours but his record wasn’t even that good with us. We were utterly rotten under Robertson last year, for whatever reason, and McCann brought in an exciting brand of football which did improve results but only really to what we were expecting them to be all season.

I honestly don’t think he would be a good appointment.

McCann didn't actually win a game until Dodds came in.
I think we drew 0-0 (or 1-1 maybe) with Hearts, lost the next two, then Dodds came in.
I could be mistaken with that, apologies if so but you're right about McCann's record not actually being that good.