Kilmarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I have a weird feeling it’ll be Stuart Kettlewell. I don’t know why, I just think eventually he’s going to get one of the jobs in this division. 

It could be as Adams is under contract. This is definitely a kind of County championship squad. 

Lacking creativity but if coached and motivated correctly should be good enough to grind out a championship.

If they can flat track bully the bottom half maybe add Gardyne or some other creative player they will be right in the mix. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Kettlewell is not a good manager at all, we should be setting our sights a bit higher than that.

Who would you like to get the job and/ or who do you think will get the job?

Edited by jagfox OG

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Kettlewell is not a good manager at all, we should be setting our sights a bit higher than that.

Peter Grant? His CV speaks for itself, plays football the right way and is well up for a title challenge. Knows the division and is out of work. It's a no brainer really. 

I reckon the best/lowest risk outcome here for you guys is either Alex Neil or Jack Ross.  However, this would depend on what budget you have (was it costly to jettison Wright?) and I doubt either would be cheap options, and Neil may be holding out for another opportunity down south.

McInnes? - talks well, but I've never been totally convinced by what you get on the pitch.

Naismith? - well, there's the obvious connection with the club - but he's untried in the top job and would be a risk (compared to the likes of Neil or Ross who have already earned their stripes in the top role).  You never know with that type of appointment, but there's risk there.

McCann? - again talks a good talk, but not sure.  Did well recently at ICT but ....... just not totally convinced, eh?

Lennon? - hmmm.  Wouldn't be cheap, certainly wouldn't be dull, but also might not be too popular.

1 hour ago, jagfox OG said:

If they can flat track bully the bottom half maybe add Gardyne or some other creative player they will be right in the mix. 

It's not as if our club isn't mental enough at the moment without adding that mad b*****d 😂

In the past we’ve been known at times to have certain clauses in managers contracts around league placings - famously some of us tried to explain this numerous times on here when Gary Locke was given a supposed concrete 3 year deal.

I wonder if the last couple of weeks results and us slipping out of the playoff positions now would have any impact on the % of compensation we would be due to pay Tommy Wright?

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

In the past we’ve been known at times to have certain clauses in managers contracts around league placings - famously some of us tried to explain this numerous times on here when Gary Locke was given a supposed concrete 3 year deal.

I wonder if the last couple of weeks results and us slipping out of the playoff positions now would have any impact on the % of compensation we would be due to pay Tommy Wright?

Surely any clause would have been on a premiership position and not a championship one.It would have been triggered when we got relegated not on a position in a different league 

Edited by Bheaten Castard