Is a covid hit season upon us ??

I think we need to get on with it but suspect the politicians think differently. At the very least I think hospitality will be over but wouldn’t be surprised if we’re back watching on the painfully poor Pixellot cameras that can’t tell the difference between a football, a bald head and paper blowing in the wind.

Unfortunately and needlessly a shut down is coming . 

Level 6 games have already been cancelled this weekend so only a matter of time for the rest of us. 

Will all hinge on the after effects of the cup final crowd  . Leitch seems to be really concerned with that , even though there's another potential big crowd at Ibrox this weekend . 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

I think there will be an announcement on Monday north and south of the border that the professional leagues will be suspended. Currently 17 games postponed in the lower leagues England plus 5 Premier League games due to players/staff with Covid. That's nearly half the games.

So, inevitable that the leagues will be suspended as a firebreak. 

First lockdown - nobody knew what they were dealing with so fair enough

2nd partial lockdown last winter- buy time until people are vaccinated

now- eveyone that’s going to get it has a vaccine and the most important ones have a booster, serious illness from it is low and treatments have improved. What is there to be gained by shutting things again? Theres nothing to buy time for this time, get on with life as it will always be with virus like this in it.

Edited by big al

15 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Its a shame, but to maintain the integrity of the sport I think relegation from League 2 will have to be suspended again...for the good of the game of course and no other reason...

You lot should start  thinking  about  what league you'd prefer  to play in should the worst happen . The Highland league is a blast and really worth considering .  If you start the lobbying process now , I'm sure you will gain the support you need by the time it happens . 

Oh by the way , it's only the play off that would be suspended. ;)😎

Edited by theoriginalhedge

2 hours ago, big al said:

First lockdown - nobody knew what they were dealing with so fair enough

2nd partial lockdown last winter- buy time until people are vaccinated

now- eveyone that’s going to get it has a vaccine and the most important ones have a booster, serious illness from it is low and treatments have improved. What is there to be gained by shutting things again? There nothing to it time for this time, get on with life as it will always be with virus like this part of it.

Your right Al covid is here to stay , just like you get flu every year the same is going be with covid.

I have had 3 jabs and wear a mask when required what more can I do!

Theres going to be a time when we will just have to live normally and see what pans out.

If your fate is to catch it after 3 jabs then that’s it.

People just can’t go into hibernation every winter.

Interesting  Leitch is wetting his pants about the cup final crowd but not about another 50000 crowd in Glasgow today…wonder who he is a fan of.

Edited by cowdenbeath

22 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I think there will be an announcement on Monday north and south of the border that the professional leagues will be suspended. Currently 17 games postponed in the lower leagues England plus 5 Premier League games due to players/staff with Covid. That's nearly half the games.

So, inevitable that the leagues will be suspended as a firebreak. 

I don't think it matters if it's planned or not. The number of games being postponed is effectively a suspension.

52 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Your right Al covid is here to stay , just like you get flu every year the same is going be with covid.

I have had 3 jabs and wear a mask when required what more can I do!

Theres going to be a time when we will just have to live normally and see what pans out.

If your fate is to catch it after 3 jabs then that’s it.

People just can’t go into hibernation every winter.

Interesting  Leitch is wetting his pants about the cup final crowd but not about another 50000 crowd in Glasgow today…wonder who he is a fan of.

Airdrie