Livi v Ross County

We've got away with one today. One of the worst performances of the season, and there's been a few stinkers. Martindale needs to bin Shinnie up front and get a grip of the situation. 

Huge point really, keeps us pulling away a little bit. A win against Motherwell would be massive

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

Can't imagine many of those kids will be begging their parents to take them along again.   Utter shite.

Dunno they were enjoying themselves, singing away all 2nd half when the rest of us were pretty silent till the goal.

County tried to time waste even before they came out for the 2nd half, in an attempt to shitfest their way to a 1--0. The minute we equalized they upped their tempo and actually tried to play some football. Maybe if they'd done that from the start of the 2nd half they'd have scored again and won.

Thought this was another Hearts scenario, although we were nowhere near as good as that game, we were still the better team, but just wouldn't try a fecking shot at goal, as we tried to walk it into the net. Another worldy from our opposition with their first serious shot on target, happened to us frequently with Accies and St Mirren, but we gave them the opening to take a shot. Thankfully we finally scored, and kept the 5 pts gap on County, Holt hitting the woodwork too, he's def due a goal from 25 yards, hit a cracker against Hearts from there too which Gordon got his finger tips to, onto the woodwork.

Don't think we set up attacking enough from the start either, Shinnie and Sibbs aren't the players you want on a front 3, even if either Bailey or Anderson had started with Shinnie and Forrest, but i'd prefer both to have started. The two players that scored in the first game against them, and we bench them.

Dunno they were enjoying themselves, singing away all 2nd half when the rest of us were pretty silent till the goal.

County tried to time waste even before they came out for the 2nd half, in an attempt to shitfest their way to a 1--0. The minute we equalized they upped their tempo and actually tried to play some football. Maybe if they'd done that from the start of the 2nd half they'd have scored again and won.
Thought this was another Hearts scenario, although we were nowhere near as good as that game, we were still the better team, but just wouldn't try a fecking shot at goal, as we tried to walk it into the net. Another worldy from our opposition with their first serious shot on target, happened to us frequently with Accies and St Mirren, but we gave them the opening to take a shot. Thankfully we finally scored, and kept the 5 pts gap on County, Holt hitting the woodwork too, he's def due a goal from 25 yards, hit a cracker against Hearts from there too which Gordon got his finger tips to, onto the woodwork.
Don't think we set up attacking enough from the start either, Shinnie and Sibbs aren't the players you want on a front 3, even if either Bailey or Anderson had started with Shinnie and Forrest, but i'd prefer both to have started. The two players that scored in the first game against them, and we bench them.
I thought Bailey was pretty rotten today. Nothing came off for him and he ran the ball out of play or into defenders almost every time. A cracking player but he was a waste of a jersey today

34 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I thought Bailey was pretty rotten today. Nothing came off for him and he ran the ball out of play or into defenders almost every time. A cracking player but he was a waste of a jersey today

Don't think he's fully fit yet. Hopefully see him get back to form after the break.

We got out of jail there no doubt.Felt if we had gone with a more attacking starting 11,we would have put more pressure on the County back line.For me ,Martindale left the offensive subs to late.Wont say we deserved a point but il take it.Kudos to the hardy band of Staggies who made the trip down,especially at this time of year and with all thats going on at the moment.👏.And a Merry Xmas to them all.For Livi,other results went for us which is the only saving grace from today. 

46 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It’s taken a team to play in yellow for me to notice this! Never even twigged when we were through the other week!

Yeah, seeing County at the Pastadome in yellow was strange.

3 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

We were pish today so to get a point was good going. Thought County looked decent coming forward but definite frailties across the back line. Poor clearance aside, I thought Penrice had a decent game. Cemented himself as our first choice LB, I would say. 

Yeah he has bags of space on the wing and hardly ever gets a pass when he's gone forward looking to get down the wing, then when he does it's always straight to him, or behind him. About time we looked over and played a ball in front of him so he can run onto it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER