Omicron impact

After studying the league table, I think the best thing to protect us from this variant is to declare the league finished with current league standings.

Priority must be given to public health and by Clyde being able to jettison the dross in the squad and bring in better quality for next season.

Added Benefits are the entertainment at Falkirk's expense (again) and hopefully another £250K from the executive.

It really is a no brainer as I'm an old man and it's winter.

14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

After studying the league table, I think the best thing to protect us from this variant is to declare the league finished with current league standings.

Priority must be given to public health and by Clyde being able to jettison the dross in the squad and bring in better quality for next season.

Added Benefits are the entertainment at Falkirk's expense (again) and hopefully another £250K from the executive.

What are you all going to talk about once we do finally get our act together and leave the diddy leagues?

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What are you all going to talk about once we do finally get our act together and leave the diddy leagues?

The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world Perrin, moan about how shite Clyde are.

28 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Jokes aside do you think we will see a repeat of last season?

Edited by TheBigGuy

I mean we'll be going down anyway so we won't really be "adversely affected". 

Martindale's already been calling for a "circuit breaker" which, in reality, would be a nonsense, resulting in nae games till March given the curtain twitchers wouldn't like football being on "during a crisis". 

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Goodwillie looking for time off to pursue his other interests?

49 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Are you planning doing a Brechin City, been heading south for a while?

🤐

To be fair I did say leave the diddy leagues not plunge further into them.

Reasonable (Ha!) to think that we have bottomed out after the horrific efforts of the past couple of Saturdays with the new Management team and BoD now in place.

Will almost certainly be a few more embarrassments to keep you all giggling though.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Martindale's already been calling for a "circuit breaker" which, in reality, would be a nonsense, resulting in nae games till March given the curtain twitchers wouldn't like football being on "during a crisis". 

Slightly off topic but since the beginning of the pandemic/throughout vaccine rollouts Martindale has been class. Constantly emphasising the importance of vaccines and following science.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To be fair I did say leave the diddy leagues not plunge further into them.

Reasonable (Ha!) to think that we have bottomed out after the horrific efforts of the past couple of Saturdays with the new Management team and BoD now in place.

Will almost certainly be a few more embarrassments to keep you all giggling though.

If Falkirk have got to the route cause of their issues, then you have bottomed out.

If not, then anything is possible

Excellent vaccine uptake means we’ll hopefully see a lot fewer deaths, and fewer hospitalizations, despite high cases. That has always been the end game for Covid and let’s hope that materializes with this variant. 

If we do see shutting down of things on any sort of similar scale as last year, loads will lose hope with vaccine drive. Many my age already feel very meh about getting the booster, given we all did our part a few months ago and now almost daily noises are we won’t be allowed in pubs again without boosters, despite not even having had the fecking chance to get one yet. 

Shutting football down would basically commit to shutting it down for years and decades to come, every winter. Covid is going nowhere, and there will be probably yearly variants. Vaccine uptake will never be higher, so imo it would be a very odd decision. 

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I'm reckoning there will be another season of jollity at least. You're not catching Cove (unlikely anyone will) and your central defence is worse than anything the Shire put out in their particularly pish period.  Best thing you could do is to get Kenny M to dig out his boots.